Medical Assistant Pediatrics
**External RN applicants are eligible for a $3,000 Sign On Bonus**
Medical Assistant Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model - integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life’s best work.(sm) Registered or Certified Medical Assistants will also be accepted for this opening.
Location: Reliant Medical Group, a Part of Optum: 761 Worcester, RD Framingham, MA
Schedule: 38.75 Hours Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:00am-5:30pm, Thursday, 8am-12:15pm and Friday 8am-5pm
Specialty: Pediatric Medicine
- Opens patient areas, prepares patient schedules and patient medical records following standard procedures
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room. Establishes reason for patient visit and prepares patient accordingly. Provides direct and indirect care following standard procedure while identifying and recording physical findings. Verifies patient medications, performs medication reconciliation, and pends refills. Collects and documents a variety of forms. Documents patient information in chart following standard procedure. Monitor and maintain patient flow. Assists in management of patient flow and access
- Performs a variety of clinical functions such as measuring temperature, pulse rates, blood pressure, orthostatic vitals, height, weight, pediatric lengths, head circumference, peak flows, pulse oximetry, etc. Performs a variety test such as hearing, vision, etc. Documents information during patient visit in patient chart
- Performs a variety of point of care testing functions and quality control such as urinalysis, rapid strep, blood glucose, urine pregnancy, etc. Document testing in patient chart. Maintains laboratory logs following standard procedure
- Performs a variety of procedures such as applying hot/cold compress, applying/removing simple to complex wound dressings (as defined by site) under the direction of provider or licensed staff member, suture removal, staple removal, ear irrigation, DME splints / orthoglass, etc.
- Notifies patients of normal laboratory results as instructed by provider. May report abnormal laboratory results under the instruction of licensed staff member. Performs routine call backs
- Completes prescription refills following standard procedures. Check appropriate notes, pertinent laboratory results and orders laboratory results that are required, selects appropriate pharmacy and pends correct medication, dosage, sig and number of refills before routing to appropriate provider for approval
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous education or on the job Medical Assistant training
- Certificate in BLS/CPR or willingness to obtain within 90 days
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Medical Assistant Certification
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position
The Organization reserves the right to modify position responsibilities at any time, due to business necessity.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.