Licensed Practical Nurse LPN, Pediatrics
Opportunities with ProHealth Physicians, part of the Optum family of businesses. When you work at ProHealth Physicians, your contributions directly sustain the health and well-being of our community. Discover high levels of teamwork, robust medical resources and a deep commitment to exceptional care and service. Join a leading community-based medical group and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
- Location: 15 Morgan Farms Drive South Windsor, CT 06074
- Department: Pediatrics
- Schedule: Full time, 40 hours/weekly, Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM, may include occasional overtime hours on Saturday (8:30A – 12:30PM)
- Support the care team and its patients by providing and documenting nursing care following established standards and practices
- Provide patient care and education and assist in locating and coordinating services from other providers and resources
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording (as applicable):
- Patient vitals
- Current medications
- Chief complaint and history
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR
- Provide and document patient care such as giving injections and performing preventive screenings
- Educate patients regarding their illness or injury and provide instruction regarding self-management of their condition
- Carry out standing orders (i.e., authorizing prescription refills and ordering tests) consistent with ProHealth’s policies and procedures
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients; assist patients with identifying suitable outside resources for disease management and other services; refer patients when appropriate
- As appropriate, conduct outreach to patients in need of appointments or other services, to communicate test results and other information, and to follow up after appointments to be sure patients are following their plan of care
- Monitor task list to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders and monitor status of critical referrals
- Order supplies and vaccines and maintain appropriate records. Prepare and maintain equipment including sterilization
- Conduct orientation of clinical support staff and provide training/coaching for staff related to clinical issues
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and ProHealth policies
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Currently licensed as a LPN in the State of Connecticut
- Proficient computer knowledge and aptitude
- Pediatric experience
- Phone triage experience
- Experience with various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, etc.
- Experience with EMR systems (Allscripts / EPIC)
The organization reserves the right to modify position responsibilities at any time, due to business necessity.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $18.80 to $34.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.