Phlebotomy Technician, Reliant Medical Group
* $1,000 Sign On Bonus for all External Hires *
Opportunity with Reliant Medical Group, a part of OPTUM - a UnitedHealth Group Company
Opportunities with Reliant Medical Group. When you join Reliant, you’ll be part of a community-based, multi-specialty, physician-led medical group. Everyone works collaboratively on a common purpose: improving the quality, cost and experience of health care. With the resources of a global health organization - Optum - behind us, we’re at the forefront of value-based care. Supported by a patient-centric business model integrated care teams focus on the best patient care, rather than volume. Here, you’ll contribute to an exceptional patient experience. Discover a place where you can help shape the future of health care and do your life's best work.(sm)
Collects, labels, processes and distributes various types of biological specimens by venipuncture and capillary for laboratory testing from patients of all ages following standard procedures. Performs electrocardiography and CLIA waived and or moderate testing, including urinalysis, pregnancy, glucose, INR, and manual hematology. May perform bleeding time testing, therapeutic phlebotomy and application of Holter Monitors at specific sites and related duties.
Reliant Medical Group is seeking a compassionate, and professional Phlebotomy Technician to join their Laboratory team. This is a Full time, M-F position.
- Collects blood samples using vacuum tube, standard safety collection needle, syringe, and micro-collection techniques
- Enters data and maintains established inventory of phlebotomy supplies and equipment. Prepares, processes, labels and stores specimens according to specimen integrity protocols for subsequent analysis by Clinical Laboratory staff at designated reference lab or others. Provides technical guidance to interns assigned to work site
- Instructs patients in urine, stool, and other specimen collection procedures performed by the patient
- Verifies patient’s identification and obtains specimens for diagnostic testing. Ensures specimen tube(s) labeled correctly. Maintains proper sterile and aseptic techniques and required sterile field. Sets up sterile trays according to each procedure
- Ensures specimen integrity is not compromised during the pre-analytical phase by applying knowledge of tube additives, temperature requirements, and transport requirements
- Performs waived or moderate testing procedures and associated quality control. Reports results to provider or others. Follows repeat/verification and validation procedure as applicable
- Performs EKGs following standard procedures. Transmits tracings to the computer based system. Identifies potential abnormal tracing findings and reports to provider or others
- Stocks and rotates supplies following standard procedures. Checks supplies and maintains draw stations at established par levels. Ensures that expiration dates on tubes and reagents and are monitored and adhered to. Communicates low stock level to designated staff
- Follows emergency procedures and protocols such as Code Blue, Nurse Call, etc. Responds to Code Blue with EKG cart and performs tracing as needed
- Maintains required activity logs as required by DPH or other regulatory agencies. Records specimen refrigerator and freezer temperatures as required
- Triages stat, same day and routine patients and specimens following established protocols
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed including accepting assignment at alternate site and/or shift
This is a full-time position with:
- Full Medical Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discount Program
- and more…
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diplomaor GED equivalent
- One year phlebotomy, POCT, EKG. Lab and holter monitor experience
- Graduate of an approved phlebotomy course
- Phlebotomy Certification or eligible from an approved certification board
- CPR or completed within 90 days of date of hire
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Three years phlebotomy, POCT, EKG. Lab and holter monitor experience
- Knowledge of Federal, State and CLIA requirements
- Knowledge of a variety of software products such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description, may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.