Physical Security Technology Specialist (EMEA)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
The Security Technology Specialist Europe, Middle-East, Africa (EMEA), Physical Security Technology, is a member of UnitedHealth Group's (UHG) Corporate Security team. The Corporate Security group is responsible for the Workplace Security Program that ensures the protection of the company’s global workforce and physical assets through security risk management platforms. The Security Technology Specialist (EMEA) will be responsible for delivering physical security technology programs and strategy within the EMEA region, including Ireland and UK. They will form partnerships with local Corporate Security Operations teams as well as other regional security technology stakeholders, in order to identify specific security technology opportunities and gaps. The rollout of key global security technology initiatives will be delivered through the Security Technology Specialist, and it will be their responsibility to provide effective regional change management. This role will be based locally in the EMEA region and will report directly into Global Security Operations/Physical Security Technology team.
- Develop region specific security technology design and platform standards
- Provisioning of privileged access to security systems for local personnel
- Programming of readers and levels into Access Control systems for EMEA sites
- Manage the Global photo ID process for EMEA sites, including printing and delivery of ID credentials
- Define strategy and technology deliverables for future EMEA Regional Security Operations Center (RSOC)
- Support regional rollout and change management for the UHG global re-credentialling project
- Provide program management of all EMEA site-based security technology install projects
- Provide metrics and reporting on the health of regional security systems and equipment
- Conduct monthly meetings to provide program updates to Corporate Security leadership
- Act as Vendor Relationship Owner (VRO) for local security integrators
- Develop strategy for the use of local security integrators and IT teams
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable area of expertise (Engineering, IT, Physical Security) or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience related to physical security.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Blue Beam and CAD
- Experience with physical security design
- Demonstrated experience with Access Control and Video Management Systems
- ASIS PSP preferred or willingness to obtain within one year
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.