Physical Therapist Assistant - The Everett Clinic - Edmonds, WA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist, renders physical therapy treatments and interventions. Helps patients meet their treatment goals by following treatment plans established by the physical therapist, exercising sound clinical judgment when providing patient care, and ensuring appropriate communication with the PT regarding the patient’s progress.
- Assist in planning and implementing patient care programs under supervision of a physical therapist.
- Administer selected treatment modalities and interventions such as physical agents; mechanical traction; manual therapy; therapeutic exercises; and functional training to improve gait, posture, body mechanics, balance, coordination, and performance of activities of daily living, and work- or sports-related activities.
- Observe, measure and report patient’s response to treatment to supervising physical therapist.
- Communicate with the patient, patient’s family, physicians, providers and other team members as needed regarding a patient’s care.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Document patient’s care, and submit charges for services provided in a timely manner.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining a high level of clinical competency, professionalism and ethical practice.
- Pursue activities that promote professional growth and development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Successful completion of a Washington state board-approved physical therapist assistant program
- Current Washington State PTA License
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- 1+ years of experience working as an Physical Therapy Assistant
- Experience in treatment of patients with musculoskeletal problems in an outpatient setting
- Experience (or willingness to train) in the McKenzie Method and in lymphedema therapy
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.