Opportunities with Optum in the Tri-State region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group). Come make a difference in the lives of people who turn to us for care at one of our hundreds of locations across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Work with state-of-the-art technology and brilliant co-workers who share your passion for helping people feel their best. Join a dynamic health care organization and discover the meaning behind Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
The Physical Therapist restores patient’s function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
- Meets the patients’ goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results, determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises’ instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses
- Administers physical therapy treatments by giving massages; initiating traction; applying physical agents utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthodic devices by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress, recommending adjustments and modifications
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instruction patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs
- Documents all patients care in electric health record utilizing propriate templates where applicable
- Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions’ troubleshooting malfunctions’ calling for repairs
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develops physical therapy staff by providing information, developing, and conducting in-service training programs
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduation for accredited Physical Therapy program
- Valid Physical Therapy license in state of NY
- Current CPR certification
- 1+ year(s) experience
- Demonstrated exceptional patient service skills and clinical excellence
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $67,800 to $133,100 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.