Licensed Psychologist, Peer Reviewer - Remote in San Diego, CA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the chosen candidate, you will perform clinical quality assurance of psychological evaluations for Juvenile Probation and Child Welfare Services and psychotherapy treatment plans for Child Welfare Services clients to ensure that professional standards are met, protective and risk issues are addressed and treatment is clinically appropriate.
***This position will allow for some telecommute opportunity. Some in-office hours will be required based on business need in our San Diego office location.***
- Provides professional consultation to providers and other stakeholders, as well as additional collaboration with clinical leadership on improvement opportunities to best mitigate risk to clients and County agencies
- Conducts clinical reviews of psychological evaluations and treatment plans in adherence with specific criteria and provides quality review feedback
- Reviews the work of colleagues and provides clinical oversight to less experienced clinicians
- Investigates complaints and quality of care issues and participates in the resolution process
- Develops clinical standards and curricula for group psychotherapy and for conducting clinical quality oversight of mental health treatment and psychological evaluations for clients referred through the Juvenile Court
- Participates in other TERM team related functions, quality improvement initiatives, and other duties as assigned- Develops innovative approaches
- Collaborates with clinical leadership on improvement opportunities in order to best mitigate risk to clients and County agencies
- Creation of reports based off of clinical documentation reviews and specific criteria pertaining to psychological evaluations
- Investigates and resolves Provider complaints/issues
- Conducts provider searches on referral from Child Welfare Services for clients residing in and outside San Diego County
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Licensed Ph.D. or Psy.D. Level Clinical Psychologist
- Current and unrestricted licensure in the State of California
- Solid knowledge of Psychological testing and evaluation of adults and children
- Experience providing oversight or feedback to other clinical professionals
- Computer proficiency in MS Office application
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Completion of an APA approved internship
- Direct experience working in Forensics and/or the completion of Forensics coursework
- Experience working within a Managed Care Organization (MCO)
- Experience with the Medicaid (Medi-Cal) patient population
- Solid organizational skills
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $93,700 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.