Senior Technical Business Analyst
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work™
About the role
At UnitedHealth Group and Optum, we want to make healthcare work better for everyone. This depends on hiring the best and brightest. With a thriving ecosystem of investment and innovation, our business in Ireland is constantly growing to support the healthcare needs of the future.
Our teams are at the forefront of building and adapting the latest technologies to propel healthcare forward in a way that better serves everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, we use the most advanced development tools, AI, data science and innovative approaches to make the healthcare system work better for everyone. Join us and do your life's best work™.
As a Senior Technical Business Analyst at Optum, you’ll be responsible for working with business partners to define and document business requirements for the Consumer Analytics team. You will serve as the conduit between the project stakeholders and the engineering team through which requirements flow. Consumer Analytics are focused on making decisions easier for members, and help save members on healthcare costs. This specific team will be working on consumer data migration to the cloud and enriching consumer data with new sources to improve accuracy of predictive models and drive organisational efficiencies and save hard costs.
• Work with business partners to define and document business requirements for Consumer Analytics team and its projects:
– includes the documentation of data flows
– data mapping from source systems into our analytic platform.
– translating business language into technical documentation for development team.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, storyboards, surveys, business process analysis and user stories
• Produce detailed, high quality and clear documentation.
• Perform exploratory data analysis to assist with solutioning efforts.
• Create feature stories and acceptance criteria
• Leading the development team in using Agile methodologies
• Lead Agile Ceremonies including daily stand up, sprint planning and review meetings with related stakeholders, and development team
• Work with Engineering Lead to create Roadmap of user stories for development team, according to business priorities.
• Contribute to Optum Ireland’s Business Analyst Centre of Excellence
• Contribute to Optum Offshore data Centre of Excellence
• Strong experience with requirements analysis and documentation
• Elicitation and questioning skills, ability to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
• Advanced in Agile concepts
• Ability to analyse data to assist in requirements definition
• Strong understanding of relational database concepts
• SQL querying experience
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
• Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to balance multiple priorities.
• Strong Analytical skills with strong attention to details for all deliverables.
• Ability to take initiative and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating good level of maturity
• Experience with Rally software for Agile development
• Knowledge of Cloud based data storage e.g. Snowflake
• Healthcare Experience
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts e.g., Power BI/ Tableau
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.