One Team Hospitality Supervisor - Chicago (29373)
- Provides daily oversight for operations, facilities, and meeting/hospitality services according to established policies, procedures, and service agreements
- Supervises a team supporting internal customers and external guests in the execution of services. Includes meeting services -- preparation of work stations/offices/meeting rooms, audiovisual (AV), catering, set-up, tear-down, event coordination; facility management --space planning, maintenance/vendor management.
- Trains and develops the team to ensure proactive high-levels of customer service, responsiveness, accuracy, service quality, communication, and professionalism
- Manages staff schedules and provides for coverage during unexpected staff absences
- Models customer-oriented behavior and communications; coaches and counsels the team as needed. Provides feedback on performance
- Serves as the subject matter expert for department software and AV equipment operation; provides training in related equipment and software and other systems.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for team related to Deloitte policies, national, and local protocols
- Advises on how best to resolve logistical and customer-related challenges. Coordinates/negotiates with other departments/staff to develop acceptable solutions. Personally handles customer escalations, as necessary.
- Analyzes systems/processes to increase efficiencies, ensure performance and customer satisfaction. Assesses results and recommends process improvements
- Generates departmental reports to monitor workload, productivity, customer satisfaction, etc.; compiles data and analyzes results.
- Develops communication tool(s) to update customers on changes, special events, etc. as needed
- Manages relationships with outside vendors, such as building management, catering vendors, maintenance workers, office, pantry and sundries suppliers, etc.
- Collaborates and troubleshoots problems with other internal functions/service groups, all external vendors, and building liaison(s) as needed in support of catering services and meetings & event support
- Maintains project schedules of work assigned to external vendors; monitors and tracks progress of assigned projects; follows up to obtain the status report; prepares status summaries for review by the Operations Manager.
- Ensures Operations Manager is well informed on team, projects, and services with particular focus on areas of concern/change.
- Provides back-up to the team, as needed
- Cross-trains in all team functions and becomes familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the Operations unit
- Performs other tasks and special projects as identified by the Operations Manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma required; bachelor's degree preferred
- Three to five years' experience in a similar role, or job with similar skill sets, managing a team
- Minimum of 5 years of related hospitality or office support experience in a corporate service-oriented or customer-centric environment
- Hospitality/corporate background with a focus on meetings and events
- Excellent technical expertise, including strong Microsoft Office skills
- Professional maturity and ability to interact with all levels of professionals
- Excellent quality-conscious customer service skills
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy in resolving problematic situations
- Professional agility and ability to handle multiple priorities with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Critical thinking and the ability to anticipate needs
- Ability to work occasional overtime; nights and weekends
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.