Travel Clerk (21795)
Must currently work on the existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Travel Clerk in Andros Island, Bahamas to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Provide passenger reservation support by phone and/or web-based application which allows perspective passengers to make reservations up to 90 days before a scheduled flight departure time, 2 flights per day.
- Plan itinerary and schedule travel accommodations for military and civilian personnel with dependents according to travel orders using knowledge of routes, types of carriers, and travel regulations.
- Verify travel orders to insure costs, availability, and convenience of different types of carriers to select most advantageous route and carrier; notifies personnel of travel dates, baggage, limits and medical and visa requirements, and determines that all clearances have been obtained.
- Assist personnel in completing travel forms and other business transactions pertaining to travel, may deliver personnel files and travel orders to persons prior to departure, meet and inform arriving personnel of available facilities and housing and furnish other information, and may arrange for motor transportation for arriving or departing personnel.
- Under close supervision or following specific procedures and detailed instructions, arranges travel on one or two modes of transportation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S government security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years of experience in planning, supporting, and managing corporate travel support or prior successful performance of AUTEC travel coordination role.
- Valid passport and Driver’s licensed required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities
- Current Secret security clearance preferred.