Quality Assurance Engineer – Staff Level – REMOTE (60% travel to Northeast) (R441690)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. Relentless about quality, people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Curious learners. Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop products.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
What you will do
Stryker is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer - Staff with a passion for partnering with our customers to create the best surgical outcomes with patient safety at the forefront.
This individual will lead complaint investigations for the Airo Mobile CT Scanner. Within this role you will work within cross-functional internal and external teams to investigate product and process complaints, provide solutions to resolve complaints, and drive future best practices.
Specific Duties Include:
- Improve product quality, reliability and customer satisfaction by investigating product field failures and conducting trend analysis
- Ensure timely, accurate, and complete failure investigations and root cause analyses through the use of QA tools (Root cause analyses, 4-D, 5 Whys, etc.) and document findings in TrackWise
- Organize/lead cross-functional teams to help identify problem issue and drive product improvement
- Deploy good design and manufacturing practices knowledge to make recommendations to prevent future failures
- Support the resolution of field issues and work with R&D, Advanced Quality Engineering, and Operations in Quality, Product Development and Manufacturing to resolve issues
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete failure investigations of product complaints leading to root cause and corrective/preventive action
- Lead product family complaint reviews by presenting complaint trends and recommendations for corrective action and product improvement
- Work with Advanced Quality Engineers to complete Post-Market health risk assessments
- Other duties as assigned
What you need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related - Electrical or Software area highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Post Market Quality relevant role conducting failure investigations and/or performing failure analysis highly preferred
- Demonstrated applied knowledge Advanced Quality tools such as Top-Down Risk Assessment, Failure Modes Effect Analysis (FMEA), SPC, Root Cause Analysis, Mistake Proofing/Poka Yoke highly preferred
- 50-60% travel to the Northeast a must
- # LinkedIn Remote
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.