Sr. Fall Protection Procedure Review/Trainer (Virtual-Travel) ( R-00063234 )
The NISC IV program within the Leidos Civil group is seeking an Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Professional with Fall Protection technical writing and training expertise to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IIV) team.
In this role, you will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Programs with the goal of mitigating organizational risks and assisting the FAA achieve an improved state of compliance with Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental Federal, State, and Local law(s).
The focus of the position will be providing support to the FAA’s Fall Protection Programs and you will be responsible for the creation, monitoring, tracking, interpreting, and presentation of various reports and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to all levels of FAA and NISC management.
Responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Project planning and management.
- Lead work place inspections.
- Review of Fall Protection Procedures through on-site assessment.
- Training and reporting.
- Mentoring more junior members of the team
Note: This is a virtual position with typical 75% travel. Candidate can live anywhere within the United States.
Typical education and experience:
Requires BS degree and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to classify and summarize EOSH data for the preparation and submission of reports on a recurring basis as needed.
- Ability to work at heights, successfully complete fall protection training, and achieve rescue level fall protection certification.
- Ensure all fall protection specifications are consistent with all applicable Federal, State, Local and Agency specific laws, regulations, and guidelines related to Fall Protection.
- Ability to prepare, review and consult on the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for fall protection processes and equipment use (SOPs)
- Ability to travel 75% of the time or more, as necessary.
- Ability to work at heights and to safely lift 75 lbs.
- Expert level analytical, planning and program assessment skills in the Environmental Occupational Health and Safety field.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, EPA, and DOT regulations, practices, and/or protocols.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to create, interpret and present various EOSH related reports. K
- Knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior FAA experience is strongly desired.