Senior Specialist - Operational Excellence - Human Performance
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This job contributes to success of the Bothell Manufacturing Plant by helping to lead the adoption and implementation of human factors principles in a cell therapy GMP environment across all site business processes. This position will help evaluate and facilitate opportunities to improve site business processes using human performance tools and methods, while maintaining the highest levels of safety and quality. This position will have a direct impact on our patients by ensuring safe and repeatable operations.
- Advocate for end users performing operations at the site
- Collaborate with engineers, quality specialists, and senior managers to identify opportunities for human performance improvement
- Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives to drive site right-first-time goals
- Reinforce a learning culture as a key priority for the Human and Organizational Performance program
- Focus on robust root cause analysis and identifying and implementing lasting solutions
- Demonstrate effective leadership through communication, respect, influence, persuasion, and trust
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Manage the development of documents through the document management system
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the process and the documentation requirements
- Train and coach employee population on Human and Organizational Performance principles and tools
- Collect human performance data from direct observations of work activities, risk assessments, and databases
- Design cognitive aids, such as procedural storyboards or decision support systems
- Create tutorials to help end-users train on a variety of activities
- Advanced organizational and critical thinking skills
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS / BA in a Scientific or Engineering discipline is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Organizational Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, or equivalent.
- Experience collaborating with functional area leads and project managers.
- Demonstrated history of authoring complex GMP documents across manufacturing and quality functional areas.
- Experience authoring SOP’s, Work Instructions, batch records and training documents.
- Experienced in Operational Excellence methodology
- Proven experience of process mapping and conducting in person method evaluations.
- Experienced in conducting GEMBA walks
- Experienced working within a 5S program
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations and FDA guidance applicable to biologics and cell therapy manufacturing.
- Proven experience in project management, deviation investigation, and change management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.