Human Services Transformation - Sr Solution Specialist .NET DEVELOPER (23838)
- Assesses and diagnoses a problem analyzing the interactions between key drivers.
- Defines clear business objectives and desired outcomes to guide own work and the work of others.
- Understands tools and methodologies related to the design, configuration, building and testing of application functionality.
- Understands how to design, configure, build, and test application functionality.
- Understands technology fundamentals, including architectures, data modeling, and application development lifecycle.
- Translates business needs into associated technical requirements and understands solutions that will incorporate these requirements.
- May independently own a work stream, reviewing, and potentially directing the work of more junior staff
- Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts.
- Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals.
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and decision making.
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
Our Human Services Transformation team works to help transform how our Government and Public Services clients deliver their services to customers across a variety of channels such as walk-in, mail-in, call center, and self-service applications.
We deliver large, complex systems development and transformation projects to Human Service agencies at the federal, state, and local government level enabling us to collaborate with clients who serve those most in need. Budget constraints paired with increased demand for human services have challenged our clients to find efficiencies, do "more with less," and rethink the way they deliver services.
- Application lead responsible for preparing the requirements and design for software releases, including facilitating client requirements sessions, joint application design sessions, and leading the development activities of a team of application developers to deliver software that meets established standards and client requirements.
- Scope/plan/assign and test application features/defects distributed for release through planned production deployments.
- Conduct, organize, and facilitate client meetings, including requirements gathering, requirements validation, joint application design sessions, and process walk-throughs.
- Review the design and documentation delivered by team.
- Perform functional validation of features in development environment.
- Manage/assign/validate defects raised from systems integration and user acceptance testing.
- Perform change request impact analysis
- Provide guidance to application developers
- Required Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- PowerPoint skills
- Ability to construct well defined requirements
- Estimation skills
- Ability to administer standards and processes
- NET MVC 5.0, webAPI/RESTful services
- ASP web forms
- .NET framework
- Excellent SQL development skills
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Ability to write use cases
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Responsive web design (Bootstrap, LESS)
- Unity Application Block
- Certifications in system administration, system architecture, virtualization or cloud technologies preferred.
- Ability to perform code reviews and recommend automated review tools for the project.
- Experience using source version control system such SVN, CVS, GIT.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence.
- Must live a commutable distance to one of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Gilbert, AZ; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Kansas City, MO; Lake Mary, FL; Los Angeles, CA; Mechanicsburg, PA; Miami, FL; McLean, VA; Minneapolis, MN; Nashville, TN; Orange County, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Pittsburgh, PA; Rosslyn, VA; Sacramento, CA; St. Louis, MO; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Tallahassee, FL; Tampa, FL; or be willing to relocate to one of the following USDC locations: Gilbert, AZ; Lake Mary, FL; Mechanicsburg, PA.