Director, Technology Enablement, Talent Acquisition - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This leader will partner with the CoE and business leaders to direct the development and the implantation of a multi-year digital strategic plan to support the digital transformation of the Talent Acquisition function. The leader will incorporate external perspectives and internal thought leadership to co-develop a new technology-focused talent ecosystem where the talent acquisition function will remain distinctly human in a new era of partnership between Human + Machine. This role will have close partnership with Talent Acquisition Function, Optum Tech, and key areas across the People Team in the enablement of process and adoption of new technologies anchored on Artificial Intelligence (AI) across the Talent Ecosystem.
The leader will ensure that technology investments and system design across Talent Acquisition support the long-term goals of the function. The leader will influence and guide teams to foster a culture of process excellence, experimentation, and human centered design of recruitment through technology. This role promotes a consulting-style culture and customer-first mindset when working with internal enablement and delivery partners. This role is the voice of the customer with the People Technology Team.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Co-lead the development of the long-term digital Talent Acquisition strategy
- Consulting responsibility for Talent Acquisition
- Effectively leads and facilitates meetings with senior leadership
- Owner of the relationship with the Talent Acquisition organization within UnitedHealth Group, Optum, and UHC
- Positions the overall technology organization favorably with the business. Establishes action plans to increase NPS scores as an indication of healthy business relationships
- Enables new connections / relationships among partners across multiple portfolios, value streams, and teams
- Owns technology road mapping activities and processes for the Talent Acquisition organization with Director and VP, based on vendor inputs, the business strategy, and in collaboration with Dev / Ops and COE technology teams
- Expert understanding of the landscape of other vendor technologies emerging and, on the market, today. Hosts semiannual emerging technology sessions with partners
- Interprets vision and translates into requirements for technology teams. Validates requirements against the marketplace and stakeholder groups via pilots and focus groups to ensure the voice of the customer is considered
- Advocates for Talent Acquisition vision, roadmap and priorities amongst other value streams and portfolios, while being a good steward of enterprise priorities and resources
- Anticipates Talent Acquisition needs and proactively addresses technical and functional gaps. Identifies potential issues and pro-actively develops mitigation plans
- Assists in removing obstacles, resolves conflicts and ensures alignment. Anticipates objections and develops constructive conflict management, mediation, and negotiating tactics to achieve/maintain buy-in and support
- Maintains positive working relationships with the organization and ensures agreed upon relationship norms are met
- Applies continuous improvement principles and ceremonies (i.e.. Retrospectives, Inspect & Adapt sessions) with the organization to ensure the continued success of the relationship
- Functional and technical intimacy within the Talent Acquisition suite of tools to be able to consult on process improvements or technology based on the future state technology roadmaps
- Communicates effectively with all senior stakeholders (up to Senior Leadership). Clearly communicates strategic portfolio direction via multi-year roadmap
- Demonstrates industry knowledge by effectively presenting product opportunities in leadership discussions
- Partners to establish a culture focused on iterative transformation
- Ensures high-level roadmap alignment across portfolios where required
- Works with delivery leadership teams to align Engineering / Architecture expectations of Product team within an agile framework
- Influences and aligns portfolio backlogs across products with organizational initiatives and client needs. Positively influence outcomes of complex capabilities across multiple portfolios
- Relationship management, coaching and collaboration skills, with leaders at all levels and key stakeholders
- Will use Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Project, Planner, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint on a day-to-day basis
- Will use your listening, verbal, and written communication skills as your work with your team and business partners
- Will navigate UHG and Optum's matrixed environment to drive collective success
- Leads RFP Process for new technology/vendors within Talent Acquisition
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Capital product strategy, product development and / or implementation
- Proven solid leadership skills; operate as an agile global leader with understanding and appreciate for regional differences
- Track record to drive business results – identifies and capitalizes on opportunities, identifies risks/issues/assesses implications, formulates recommendations, and drives sound decisions that deliver results
- Proven experience identifying emerging technologies or opportunities that compliment internal portfolio of technologies, products, or services
- Demonstrated ability to establish a culture focused on speed, accountability and continuous improvement while building employee-centric repeatable and sustainable processes
- Ability to travel 10%
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Cloud HCM experience with Oracle Recruiting Cloud
- Knowledge and understanding of Cognitive Services with focus on application of AI in HR
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.