Director - Corporate Human Resources
Director - Corporate Human Resources (Job Number: 2305729 )
This key HR leadership role is responsible for leading the corporate HR department as well as designing, driving, and managing enterprise-wide initiatives.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility for assigned corporate department HR partnerships and leadership responsibility for a team of HR Managers within Corporate HR. You will collaborate with Executive and Senior Leaders to create human capital strategies that support the vision and goals of the organization. This role helps provide solutions to complex organization structure needs and supports enterprise-wide initiatives. This role has a focus on building a culture of engagement, working towards enhanced productivity, greater retention of new associates, lower turnover costs, and improved customer experience. The position will require a strategic business partner approach, collaborating with operations, talent acquisition, talent development, legal, security, compensation, staffing, and HRIS to deliver results.
This associate reports to the Senior Director – Corporate HR and has regular interaction with Executive and Officer levels throughout the organization. This role will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA and our Green Hills campus.
- Consultative support and strategic guidance on HR topics. This includes, but is not limited to, high level associate relations and performance management, hiring, and ongoing strategic initiatives.
- Lead a team of Corporate HR professionals to provide a high level of service and to ensure consistency among all Corporate Departments, including all partnership activities: Performance Management, Associate Development, Engagement, Compliance, Analytics, and Staffing
- Lead all efforts pertaining to corporate HR events and programs, including the Corporate Internship Program, Corporate Campus events, Associate Appreciation activities, etc.
- Vendor management with HR vendors
- Lead enterprise-wide initiatives
- Other projects as assigned
- 7 years HR Generalist experience required
- 7 years management experience required
- Bachelors Degree in HR, or related field required
- Masters Degree in HR or related field preferred
- PHR / SPHR or other HR Certification is preferred
- Experience leading projects and initiatives with a cross-functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence leaders, peers, and direct reports
- Strong ability to build relationships at all levels within an organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to build a strong professional HR team
- Highly collaborative
- Demonstrate strategic thinking
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work at the specific location required, & work the required schedule
- Successful candidate must complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and complete a drug screening.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Director-Corporate HR
Req ID: 2305729