Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist (Job Number: 2217390 )
Penske Logistics Canada Ltd. is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist who will be responsible for performing professional human resources work within a Federally Regulated work environment, with emphasis in the areas of policies and procedures, legal/regulatory risk management, employee relations, career management, non-occupational disability management, staffing, training and development. This position will work closely with our operations management in a proactive approach to ensure the right associates are in the right jobs and are fully engaged, with strong talent benches to ensure sustained business success.
This position will be based in Woodstock, ON and may support other operations. This role will report to the Area Human Resources Manager.
Qualified candidates will have 2-5 years of human resource generalist experience.
- Advises associates and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and procedures. Investigates associate complaints and works with the HR Manager and Director of Human Resources as appropriate to resolve.
- In consultation with field and corporate staff, delivers functional training for the salaried and hourly workforce to support various business initiatives.
- Evaluates human resources practices and processes and recommends appropriate revisions based on best practice research. Upon approval, works with HR team to implement revised process.
- In conjunction with HR team, develops relevant HR metrics, examines and identifies key trends in data and provides recommendations based on data.
- Provides counsel in supporting issue prevention, detection and resolution of employee relations matters.
- Provides counsel and support for progressive discipline and termination decisions and corresponding activities.
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Area Vice President, Director of Human Resources, and HR Manager, Canada such as serving on process improvement teams, coordinating small scope short term projects, etc.
- Provides staffing support by executing recruiting efforts, screening candidates, selection of candidates, preparing compensation recommendations, and coordinating the onboarding process.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or closely related field.
- 2 to 5 years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
- CHRP or working toward CHRP preferred.
- Working knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures utilized in associate relations.
- Willingness to travel, at least 25% to various locations by car, overnight as required or as directed by Area leadership.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Skill in operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and have a basic understanding of enterprise-wide HRIS systems (Oracle and Taleo preferred).
- Ability to interpret Human Resources rules, laws, and policies for Canada.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive and complex reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization both in person and through written correspondence and presentations.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete a Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :715032 Oxford Rd 4 715032 Oxford Rd 4
Woodstock, ONN4S 7V9
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Woodstock
Job : Human Resources
Req ID: 2217390