HR Business Partner (100383)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
To serve as the HR partner to ensure alignment of business and HR strategies and service delivery. This position recommends solutions in conjunction with Centers of Expertise in the following areas: ER/LR, Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Compensation, and Benefits/LOA. This role will support IL and IA.Key Accountabilities
- Partner with line leaders and other HRBP teams to grow talent and technical capability pipelines for the business.
- Manage the design and implementation of structures that improve individual and organizational performance.
- Support line leaders in the development and implementation of strategies that enable the organization to thrive through periods of change.
- Provide coaching to line leaders to support their human resources management, problem solving and performance management.
- Support implementation of standardized processes for the assigned business unit.
- Participate in the execution of Labor Relations strategies and the resolution of Labor Relations issues – under the leadership of Labor Relations.
- Support line leaders in the recruitment process.
- Supports a culture of passionate, values-driven, customer-obsessed people
- Delivers fluid and timely people processes that allow for quick action and flexibility
- Uses technologies to operate at the pace of the customer
- Offers foundational practices that can be personalized with focus on business need and impact
- Provides proactive solutions through synergies and collaboration across the business
- Partner with COEs to:
- Implement performance management and learning and development
- Ensure reward structures reward performance
- Execute recruitment processes
- Ensure successful resolution of LR issues
- Customize business specific solutions
- Ability to collaborate with virtual teams and also face to face, and to provide excellent internal customer service. Must be able to deliver results and possess courage.
- Detailed knowledge of key human resources functions including organization design, change management, workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, employee development, compensation, succession planning and employee and labor relations.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements in recruiting, performance management, employee development, compensation, succession planning and employee and labor relations.
- Ability to navigate existing AW technologies.
- Ability to quickly learn emerging technologies.
- Ability to proactively engage with the team and business on necessary data and business critical deadlines.
- Whatever it takes" approach; sense of urgency, exemplary maturity, professionalism & positive attitude.
- Openness to change and risk-taking (outside of compliance/safety); enthusiastic learners.
- Agility; Continued/expanded use of pop-up teams.
- True collaboration within the function and across the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with excellent usage of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Must have the ability to deal with strict confidentiality.
- Exceptional logical thinking skills.
- Strategic thinking skills, including ability to influence.
- Strong communication skills, strong team working as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 7 years applicable experience, which should include serving at least one large organizational grouping:
- Has led a department organization redesign
- Has been involved in or led recruitment of senior talent in assigned area
- Has participated in multiple compensation review cycles
- Has participated in merger, acquisition or divesture
- Desirable experience includes:
- Participation in development program of HR Leaders
- Prior Business Partner experience in similar organization
- Participation in cross-functional project team and has dealt with different employee segments"
- Up to 30% overnight travel may be required.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.