Human Centered Design Consultant (15867)
- Create design-led approaches to complex problems involving people, processes and systems for State Government Agencies.
- Oversee the coordination of a multi-disciplinary team of researchers, designers, technologists and business experts in a way that leads to bold ideas and mission effectiveness as well as operational efficiency
- Design, plan and execute user research
- Collaborate with designers, strategists and technologists to turn insights from research into solutions to business and social challenges
- Synthesize and communicate research insights and findings in compelling and immersive ways, using a variety of mediums
- Craft compelling stories and visual models to communicate discoveries
- Support and lead client-facing conversations that may challenge established perspectives on processes, systems and customers
- Interpret client input and adjusting communication and narrative accordingly
- Lead the synthesis of multiple work streams into a coherent and powerful narrative about the future, often within a digital context
- Direct and produce tangible outputs at different stages of the design process, including personas, journey maps and service blueprints
- Work side-by-side with account leaders to set project direction and to identify new business opportunities direction and to identify new business opportunities
Customer Strategy & Applied Design, Government and Public Service practice
Our Customer Strategy & Applied Design team focuses on helping clients discover, design, and prototype customer growth strategies and innovation portfolios to create and drive change in a digital world. We bring knowledge and offerings to uncover the behaviors, motivations and preferences of our clients' customers and develop new experiences for them. Our team of professionals has deep capabilities in strategy, customer experience, digital strategy and innovation within the Government and Public Service market.
We deliver set of customer focused work:
- Customer Strategy| Help clients build capabilities to better understand customer and citizen value drivers and make choices about how to best serve the markets and segments through digital, social, and mobile channels; optimize program and service decisions and shape the most strategic issues on the customer and citizen engagement agenda
- Customer Experience | Help clients improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the customer, citizen and the organization across the lifecycle of awareness, engagement and service at each and every touch point.
- Applied Innovation | Help clients rapidly design, prototype and launch new businesses, programs and experiences, translating insights on human behavior from design-led methods into offerings and technologies that delight customers and drive mission success
- Digital Strategy | Help clients understand, envision and articulate "digital" as a strategy aligned with their organization's mission and agenda - and then craft a plan to embed everything they do with the latest technology solutions and business models to compete in the marketplace for customers and talent
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a relevant field (business, design, consulting, strategy) with a minimum of 2 years work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in human centered design, service design, design research, business design, or customer experience projects
- Limited Sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance as needed
- Previous professional services or consulting experience
- Previous Government Public Sector Design work - specifically with State Governments
- Experience in a traditional design discipline (Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.