HR/Project Coordinator (100194)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Responsible for reporting, database maintenance, data collection and data analytics within the HR function with minimal oversight and instruction.
- Prepares reports, proposals, presentations, and spreadsheets in various company technologies and software.
- Maintains records for accuracy and compliance.
- Manages HR projects and events.
- Performs standardized HR and company processes for the assigned business unit.
- Support Agile HR organization by implementation of strategies that enable the organization to thrive.
- Supports a culture of passionate, values-driven, customer-obsessed people .
- Delivers fluid and timely people processes that allow for quick action and flexibility.
- Uses technologies to operate at the pace of the customer
- Offers foundational practices that can be personalized with focus on business need and impact
- Provides proactive solutions through synergies and collaboration across the business.
- Knowledge of human resources functions including organizational design, HRIS and data management.
- Ability to navigate existing AW technologies.
- Ability to quickly learning emerging technologies.
- Ability to proactively engage with the team and business on necessary data and business critical deadlines.
- Demonstrate a "Whatever it takes" approach; sense of urgency, professional maturity & positive attitude.
- Openness to change and risk-taking (outside of compliance/safety); enthusiastic learners.
- Agility; Continued/expanded use of pop-up teams.
- True collaboration within the function and across the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with excellent usage of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization and to use tact and diplomacy.
- Must have the ability to deal with highly confidential information.
- Must be detail oriented to conduct thorough data analysis and evaluation.
- Must demonstrate strong planning and project management skills and navigate competing priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of directly related experience supporting HR, or other complex organizations.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.