Senior Human Resources Professional (2200749)
Senior Human Resources Professional (Job Number: 2200749 )
The Senior Human Resources Professional is an integral member of the Human Resources Team with Penske Logistics, reporting directly to the Area Human Resources Manager, and actively collaborates with our operation managers, supervisors, and associates.
This position is responsible for proactively developing relationships and executing all aspects of the human resources function with an emphasis in the areas of associate engagement, onboarding, retention, diversity/inclusion, associate relations, and compliance. The Senior Human Resources Professional will generate innovative solutions that drive processes and programs that help to ensure associates are equipped to achieve exceptional results, while at the same time realizing their professional goals and objectives.
This position will support approximately 10-20 operations and requires the ability to travel 30%-40% to various locations by car, with minimal overnight as required or as directed by leadership. This position supports many locations that run 24/7, and occasional evenings/weekends may be required for site visits, hiring events, general engagement, etc. This role will support approximately 500 associates (hourly and salaried).
- Make contributions that reinforce a workplace that mirrors our Employee Value Proposition
- Advise associates and management on interpretation of human resources policies, programs, and procedures.
- Participate in investigations, prepare summaries and make recommendations as directed by the HR Manager
- Advise department managers on strategy and activities that will promote a positive working environment and will develop managers’ skills to reward and recognize and create a culture of engagement.
Training and Development:
- Support in the preparation and execution of the talent review and succession planning process
- Work with HR Manager to create and ensure successful completion of individual development plans
- Train managers with the tools and training to optimize their performance
- Schedule training events, identify participants and venues, prepare materials and facilitate as needed
Diversity, Inclusion, and Engagement:
- Champion and promote diversity in all aspects of human resource practices
- Work with managers to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Influence leaders in the execution and sustainability of associate engagement action plans
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to acquire top talent through improved selection tools and criteria, and local outreach efforts
- Reinforce promotion process, ensuring a positive experience for the internal associate
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations (e.g., FMLA, ADA, FCRA, EEO, and FLSA)
- Communicate, interpret and consistently apply company policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Human Resource processes
- Conduct regular compliance reviews at location level (Wage and Hour, etc.)
- Partner with HR Manager and Safety team to ensure safe workplace
- Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by the Area Human Resources Manager
- Supporting the onboarding program as needed
- Administering the Exit Interview reporting database
- Perform administrative duties as required
Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy and secure. We offer more than you realize, including:
- Bonus eligible
- Medical coverage (including vision and RX)
- Life insurance (employee, spouse and children)
- More family time with paid holidays and vacations
- Short- and long-term disability
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee discounts
- Wellness benefits, including personal health coach program, 24-hour nurse advice line and incentive programs
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred
- SHRM or HRCI Certification(s) preferred (i.e. PHR, SHRM-CP)
- 3-5 years of Human Resources generalist experience preferred
- Creative, independent self-starter who excels in a fast paced environment
- Agile and quick learner, enjoys collaborative projects and continuous education
- Ability to understand the business operations
- Must be a confident communicator, (including written, and verbal skills) Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Ability to effectively manage projects to timely completion
- Some knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues helpful (deeper knowledge may be required for certain states, such as CA, MA, etc.)
- Must possess a high level of honesty, integrity, and ethics
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Ability and willingness to travel as necessary (approximately 30% - 40%), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing, and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations :680 Remington Blvd 680 Remington Blvd
Bolingbrook, IL 60440
Primary Location : United States-Illinois-Bolingbrook
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Senior HR Representative
Req ID: 2200749