Human Resources Business Partner
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Your role as a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is to nurture, develop, and grow our greatest asset—our people. Using your human resources experience and knowledge of our business (don’t worry—that will come with time), you’ll help guide your clients through all people-related matters as they navigate challenges and embrace opportunities. You’ll also be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and leadership. As an HRBP, you will support the implementation of HR programs and processes including talent, performance and compensation, organization design, assessments, and talent planning. You will play a key role in building a work environment where everyone can thrive.
- Partnering and supporting business unit leaders on talent management planning, including assessing short and long-term resource needs, identifying critical talent gaps within the division, and developing strategies to address the gaps.
- Facilitating the strategic planning processes for performance improvement and the development of organizational human resources strategies.
- Providing conflict resolution and guidance with performance management and employee relations issues, liaising with management and legal counsel, as needed, ensuring fairness and consistency.
- Providing guidance and strategic HR consultation on talent, performance, and change management as well as succession planning, talent reviews, and driving the annual merit planning cycle.
- Advising, mentoring, and guiding all levels of management to develop positive employee engagement capability and leadership skills.
- Consulting and advising on organization activities including building trusted partnership with assigned department leaders through consultative and collaborative efforts to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of HR programs and services that support development of organizational and talent capabilities.
Where you’ll be working…
In this role, you may sit in any of the locations listed and will include work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You share our belief that people are our most important asset. You know the value of a great manager—and how inspiring and empowering it can be to work for one. You are driven to help your clients be better leaders, and you believe in everyone’s potential to grow. You’re a great listener, so people naturally come to you for help and advice. You’ll enjoy partnering with your clients to solve complex problems and, in the process, make us better every day.
- You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in human resources or three or more years of retail leadership experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- HRBP experience.
- Experience with investigations and employee relations.
- Collaborating skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated influence skills via relationships, information and data.
- The ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport with people of diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.