Human Resources Specialist
The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Human Resources (HR) Specialist to work at the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which is an exciting opportunity to assist in preparing FAA's Human Capital for mission-critical transformational changes by identifying and recruiting a workforce with the leadership, technical and functional skills to ensure the safest and most productive aviation sector.
- Developing/publishing vacancy announcements; conducting job analysis
- Evaluating applicant qualifications
- Adjudicating claims for veterans' preference; issuance of referral lists
- Rating/ranking/grouping applications
- Processing selections
- Annotating legal authorities and nature of action codes on personnel actions
- Evaluating position duties & responsibilities to determine appropriate title, series, grade/pay band
- Address/review matters concerning unit coverage and fundamental employee representation issues
- Providing advice and assistance to managers and employees on basic pay setting or leave policies; advising managers and employees on routine conduct, leave or performance questions or disputes; injury compensation programs
- Researching, interpreting, and adhering to FAA orders, federal regulations, policies, standards, precedent setting decisions, grievance procedures and applicable collective bargaining and other negotiated agreements for assigned functional areas
- Regulatory compliance
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience staffing positions for a federal agency (If no Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience staffing positions for a federal agency).
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Knowledge of personnel rules and regulations governing the processing of personnel actions, files/records maintenance, benefits entitlements, veteran’s preference and creditable service determinations.
- Ability to use intermediate functions of various software applications (Windows); e.g., Word, e-mail, internet browser, spreadsheets, databases, to prepare documents, access web sites, input data, and update employee records
Please Note: This position requires prior experience in staffing positions for a federal agency.Pay Range:Pay Range $57,850.00 - $89,000.00 - $120,150.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.