User Experience Developer - Human Factor/Mission Engagement - TS/SCI with Poly ( R-00022727 )
DescriptionJob Description:Lead all aspects of a product’s design, in an agile work environment, utilizing other designer’s expertise as deemed necessary. Work with product managers to perform necessary user research and specify user interfaces using iterative design techniques. Leverage and contribute to a developing Design System of components to ensure consistency across the product ecosystem.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, and work collaboratively with design to create mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experience.
- Research, conceive and user-test experiences
- Work collaboratively to deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized with a mobile-first approach
- Identify issues with the existing experience and devise solutions
- Make strategic user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features
- Track success of experience focused changes and iterate as necessary to improve performance.
- Communicates large and complicated concepts to UX and other teammates easily. Is able to adjust communication style to context.
- Works well with other team disciplines and is able to encourage teams to adopt UX design solutions, but also can adapt designs to time and feasibility constraints.
- Creates new content organization schemes and structures and implements them effectively.
- Creates large scale system workflows. All work being clear in purpose, mitigating errors and being easily learnable.
- Facilitates usability sessions independently. Can follow the usability scripts created by someone else to complete testing.
- Conducts UX research interviews, prototype reviews, and surveys with assistance.
- Applies the basics of visual design principles in their design work such as visual hierarchy, proximity, similarity, font selection and color theory.
- Strong commitment to learning. Enjoys independently exploring new topics, problems, prospects and opportunities that present themselves as relevant.
- Builds prototypes using HTML / CSS and has a strong understanding of semantic html and page hierarchy concepts.
- Demonstrates an understanding of visual, layout and content accessibility guidelines in their design work.
- Candidate must have BS with 2-14 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph.
NSOINTExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software Development