Human Resources/Employee Relations Business Partner (99857)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
To serve as an HR partner in the state to ensure alignment of HR strategies and service delivery. This position recommends solutions in: Employee Relations , Labor Relations, Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition, Benefits , LOA , Learning and Development.Key Accountabilities
- Partner with teams to grow talent and technical capability pipelines for the business.
- Manage implementation of structures that improve individual and organizational performance.
- Provide coaching to line leaders to support their human resources management, problem solving and performance management.
- Participate in the execution of Labor Relations strategies and the resolution of Labor Relations issues – under the leadership of HR Director.
- Support line leaders in the recruitment process.
- Maintains employee records and distributes reports
- Administers policies and programs, assists in training and compensation projects
- Supports a culture of passionate, values-driven, customer-obsessed people
- Delivers fluid and timely people processes that allow for quick action and flexibility
- Uses technologies to operate at the pace of the customer
- Offers foundational practices that can be personalized with focus on business need and impact
- Provides proactive solutions through synergies and collaboration across the business
- Detailed knowledge of key human resources functions including employee and labor relations , change management, workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, employee development, compensation, succession planning.
- Ability to navigate existing AW technologies.
- Ability to quickly learn emerging technologies.
- Ability to proactively engage with the team and business on necessary data and business critical deadlines.
- Whatever it takes" approach, sense of urgency, exemplary maturity, professionalism & positive attitude.
- Openness to change and risk-taking (outside of compliance/safety); enthusiastic learners.
- Agility; Continued/expanded use of pop-up teams.
- True collaboration within the function and across the business.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with excellent usage of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must have the ability to deal with strict confidentiality.
- Exceptional logical thinking skills.
- Strategic thinking skills, including ability to influence.
- Strong communication skills, strong team working as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision."
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years applicable experience
- Desirable experience includes:
- Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Negotiations, Benefit Administration, Training and Development
- Prior Business Partner experience in similar organization
- Participation in cross-functional project team and has dealt with different employee segments
- Up to 20% overnight travel may be required
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.