Human Factors Engineer (NASA HHPC) ( R-00054830 )
Leidos has an opening for a Human Factors Engineer. The Human Factors Engineer will support the Human Factors and System Management team, which supports the Habitability and Human Factors Branch at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
This team provides analysis, evaluation and usability testing of crew interfaces for work areas and equipment. This includes computer displays and controls, workstation systems, and other types of crew interfaces. The group has a unique capability with a staff experienced in the rigors of both cognitive human factors and ergonomic research and evaluations. System safety and productivity are improved by implementing cognitive and physical evaluations and interventions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply human performance principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products.
- Identify and analyze technological problems or risks, performs theoretical human factors investigations, and develops and implements research and analysis plans.
- Develop and implement research methodologies and statistical analysis plans to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products and processes, such as cockpit designs, user workstations, and computerized human models.
- Interface with design engineers to establish system design, operating, and training requirements and to ensure optimized human-machine interfaces.
- Specific duties and responsibilities include the following: task analysis, usability testing, heuristic evaluations, tool assessments, survey generation, human-in-the-loop evaluations, and requirements verification.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, or closely related technical discipline.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Experience conducting Master Task Analysis development and Human-in-the-Loop (HITL) testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers at all levels
- Familiarity with industry standards (e.g., MIL-STD-1472, NASA-STD-3001), statistics, and NASA
External Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Human Factors Design EngineeringPay Range:
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.