Human Geographer Apprentice ( R-00065045 )
Leidos is seeking a Human Geographer to support a government customer in St Louis, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI Level Clearance will be REQUIRED to be considered for this position.
The Human Geographer- Researcher will serve as a regional subject matter expert on issues related to human geography, socio-cultural analysis, and geospatial analysis in support of the Intelligence Community (IC). Specifically, the Human Geographer - Researcher will leverage their advanced knowledge and experience with digital cartography, computer technology, Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Cartographic and Geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats to extract relevant information and develop geospatial intelligence reports and products for the customer. Human Geographers focus on patterns and processes that shape human interaction with the built and natural environments. The successful candidate will be a member of an integrated government-contractor team providing direct support to U.S. National Security objectives.
- BA degree and 0 – 3 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to research information on either the open web or classified databases.
- Demonstrated MS Office, data mining and graphic design skills.
- Experience creating visual aids (graphs, charts, etc…) and drafting, editing, and proofreading documents for publishing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GoogleEarth and ESRI/ArcGIS Suite including ArcMap and ArcCatalog.
- Familiarity with geoPDF techniques
- Experience with planning, scheduling, and quality control practices.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer support skills.
"External Referral Eligible"Pay Range: