Human Language Technologist ( R-00070373 )
The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting experienced Human Language Technology (HLT) Specialists in various languages to support the HLT initiatives of a Department of Defense (DoD) customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). HLT specialists should have experience working with human language technologies, computer programming, translation memory, and terminology management. HLT specialists will support a program performing Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) operations and are expected to leverage language, analytical, and programming skills.
The HLT specialists will support the use of HLT for triage and translation. They will help to identify and prioritize work to be performed on the program. Must currently possess TS/SCI. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project.
- Leverage customer tools to generate reports and metrics
- Review results generated by tools to assess accuracy and effectiveness
- Work with various team members (e.g., systems engineers, triage specialists, and linguists) to identify products of potential value
- Create translation memory projects and assist in their integration with Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tools
- Work with SDL Trados and other CAT tools
- Provide training to other team members on the use of translation memory and CAT tools
- Identify issues with the integration of technology
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the use of HLT
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Achieve a minimum score of 2 in respective foreign language (reading and listening) and a minimum score of 3 in English (reading, listening, speaking, and writing) on the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale
- Three (3) years of experience working with human language technology and computer programming
- Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Team player who can prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, & reports).
- Experience working with ML/AI products and techniques pertaining to natural language processing, such as topic modelling, document classification, named entity recognition, machine translation, etc.
- General understanding of the Microsoft Com Object Model, REST API, HTML and XML or JSON formats
- Familiarity with Python packages Pandas and text processing libraries NLTK or SpaCY
- Ability to use or train to proficiency on customer specific software programs and tools.
- Ability to collaborate, interact, and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Formal education in linguistics, computational linguistics, and/or computer programming
- Experience with translation memory and translations management, certification preferred.
- Advanced degree in computer programming, computational linguistics and/or linguistics
- Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools
- Trados certification for Project Management or Translation
- Training or certification in Translation Memory and Terminology Management