Senior Human Factors Engineer (Hybrid) (R463755)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want-
- Challengers – People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
- Teammates – Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
- Initiative - People who take ownership of deliverables, seek out opportunities and drive projects to completion
- Problem Solving – People who can take on complex problems and make data based decisions
- Communication – People who can communicate project progress, data analysis and conclusions effectively
- Responsibility – People who see things through to completion and take personal accountability for end results
What you will do-
As a Senior Human Factors Engineer, you apply knowledge of human performance and human factors techniques to the design and development of products offered by Neurovascular. As part of the product development process, you will conduct human factors engineering activities including ethnographic research, requirements definition, use-related risk analysis, and formative and summative usability assessments. This position will partner cross-functionally to incorporate human factors, and user feedback into product designs with a goal of optimizing the customer experience.
- Provide Human Factors support across the product lifecycle including support for customer and user needs identification, development of user and workplace profiles, usage scenarios and task analyses
- Planning and execution of human factors studies
- Perform usability risk analysis
- Contribute inputs to product design to reduce use risk and improve ease of use
- Support the development of a Human Factors best practices; provide in-house training and promote the importance of human factors engineering
What you need-
- Bachelor's Degree is required (BS in Human Factors, Usability Engineering or Cognitive/Experimental Psychology or other related field of study is strongly preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience is required (direct experience in Human Factors Engineering and evaluation of medical, business or consumer products is preferred)
- Medical device Human Factors experience preferred
- Familiarity with existing IEC Usability standards, AAMI Human Factors standards and/or FDA Human Factors Guidance preferred
Stryker’s Neurovascular division is focused on advancing the practice of less invasive stroke therapies through its Complete Stroke Care solutions. The business is dedicated to providing innovative stroke products and services for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and is committed to providing clinical education and support to help physicians deliver better patient outcomes. Products include: stent retrievers, detachable coils, stents, balloons, guidewires and microcatheters.
** You will need to live within commuting distance to our Freemont, CA office. You will need to be in the office a few days a week but will have the flexibility to work from home on the other days. **
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com