Human Resources Generalist 1 (38701)
Purpose and Scope:
Provides general administrative HR field support at designated company facilities for various Human Resource functions such as recruiting, benefits, employee relations, training, and other HR related functions. Coordinates Human Resource functions and acts as liaison between
local office and the Corporate Headquarters.
- Coordinate recruiting activities such as creating requisitions for posting, validating candidates have completed the pre-employment pre-requisites and processing of new hires in applicable systems. Conduct new hire orientation.
- Export regular ad hoc reports from database and ensure reports are distributed to appropriate Business and COE Leads.
- Perform HR functions for new hires, terminations, benefit changes, job changes, union dues setup or changes, etc. and submits required Personnel Action Form (PAF) to the HRMS team for processing. Completes audits of data changes submitted to ensure accuracy.
- Incumbent will be responsible for responding to unemployment claims and employment verification requests.
- Coordinates drug testing program and ensures drug testing is being IAW contract or applicable CBA.
- May validate and prepare International Assignment Agreements for those employees supporting overseas operations, modifications to the contracts or end of employment letters.
- Incumbent will be responsible for responding to employee inquiries and assist in addressing and resolving issues involving but not limited to pay, benefit, or leave accrual deficiencies.
- Provide support to special HR projects as needed.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Associate degree in Business Administration or Human Resources and at least 1 year of job-related experience or equivalent. Good written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Position will require travel on occasion to support program transitions.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.