(PTL Canada) District Human Resources Manager - Vancouver
(PTL Canada) District Human Resources Manager - Vancouver (Job Number: 2301031 )
We are excited to launch a new position, District Human Resources Manager, to support our district field teams and collaborate with leadership to execute and implement human capital strategy. At Penske, we look for dedicated individuals who thrive in a collaborative environment. If you have HR functional experience and skills, e.g., managing associate performance, leading difficult discussions, developing associates, ability to anticipate evolving business, we are interested in hearing from you, including if this experience was gained during time spent in a Penske operational role.
The District Human Resources Manager is a valued member of the Human Resources and Field Operations teams, reporting directly to the District Manager, with a dotted line to the Area Human Resources Manager who aligns with Field Operations and corporate HR. This position will be an important member of the District Leadership team supporting a district comprised of 4 number locations across a geography that includes Delta, Port Kells, Abbottsford, and Burnaby.
In this role, you will collaborate with the District Leadership team to foster a culture of engagement where all associates feel supported to do their best work and enjoy a sense of pride and commitment. This role will tailor Regional human capital plans to enable an engaged workforce to meet the needs of customers. In this role, you will implement HR practices and processes that align with organizational initiatives across a defined District, mitigating risk and ensuring compliance.
Retention and New Associate Experience
- Administer and facilitate the District’s New Associate Experience onboarding program.
- Lead, coach, and support the onboarding Ambassadors throughout the district.
- Support and train managers to ensure the new associates are provided the appropriate support during their onboarding experience.
- Identify trends and areas for improvement with information gained from the onboarding program, exit interviews, associate feedback, etc.
- Identify and propose solutions to address local retention challenges in collaboration with your Area Human Resources Manager and District Manager.
- Guide District team development through coaching leaders in people management, process, and functional associate development.
- Coach supervisors and managers on the creation and follow through of impactful development plans and discussions for their associates.
- Monitor development plans to ensure progress and escalate to District Manager if course correction is needed.
- Prepare documents and reports for district-level succession planning and quarterly talent review discussions.
- Execute on the Area training plan
- Partner with location leaders to ensure associates receive and complete functional training.
- Deliver new supervisor/manager onboarding to role training.
- Facilitate just-in-time training and coaching of leaders during mid-year check-ins, annual performance reviews, and merit process.
- Ensure technical training occurs consistently across the workforce.
Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning
- Collaborate with all departments to identify and propose appropriate staffing levels based on analysis of growth trends, and workforce planning tools.
- Provides staffing support to leadership by collaborating on recruiting efforts, including building local technical school, University & College partnerships.
- Create a connection between the field recruiters and the District Manager to create and plan a recruiting strategy and prioritize efforts.
Associate and Labor Relations
- Proactively build relationships at locations that help support a positive culture and engaging environment.
- Develop and sustain a workplace that mirrors our Employee Value Proposition through the following:
- Advise associates and management on the interpretation of human resources policies, programs, procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Participate in investigations of associates concerns, prepare summaries, and collaborate with Area HR Manager on recommendations.
- Support Area HR Managers in partnering with Labor Relations, conducting location risk assessments, and reinforcing the goals of Positive Associate Relations training.
HR Expertise & Compliance
- Remain aware of employment laws applicable to locations.
- Effectively communicate and follow up to maintain required legal compliance through regular analysis and ensure consistent practices are followed according to Penske policies.
- Focus on compensation parity and Associate Handbook acknowledgment compliance.
- Ensures all company and legally mandated training obligations are met including Harassment Prevention, Reasonable Suspicion and Workplace Violence.
- Escalate compensation issues to the Area HR Manager and work with centralized compensation to enact plans to address.
- Partner with specialized, dedicated corporate resources for issues such as diversity & inclusion, leave of absence, accommodations, benefits, unemployment, workers compensation, and safety.
Acquisitions & New Business Opportunities:
- Leads the integration, execution and follow-up needed to successfully assimilate new associates into our culture.
- Provide ongoing support of the integration process with consistent onsite meetings, onboarding, staffing, training, etc.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Human Resources role (generalist, specialist, recruiting) required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Human Resources certification preferred (i.e. CPHR, CHRP)
- Knowledge of employment law and regulatory compliance issues
- Demonstrated presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities; ability to clearly communicate compelling messages.
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and data.
- Establish and maintain working relationships.
- Must possess a high-level of honesty, integrity, and ethics.
- Skilled operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and have a basic understanding of enterprise wide HRIS systems.
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to travel as necessary.
- Ability to travel 30-50% within home district which could include overnight travel based on need. A successful candidate will work primarily from an assigned field location and spend 30-50% of their work week traveling to locations within their assigned district as the business requires.
- Ability to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
- Requirements: complete Penske employment application and submit to a background screening.
How Penske takes care of you:
- This role is supported by a robust onboarding plan and strong role development plan to help you advance your HR skills.
- This position offers competitive salary, including bonus eligibility, strong benefits and retirement programs and a company service vehicle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :632 Belgrave Way 632 Belgrave Way
Delta, BCV3M 5R7
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Delta
Job : Human Resources
Req ID: 2301031