Senior Manager, Corp Staff Finance – Global Human Resources, Corporate Affairs
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
Direct Manager: Associate Director, Finance Reporting COE
Position Summary: This position is tasked with providing financial, accounting and key decision support to the Corporate Functions, specifically, Global Human Resources (HR), Corporate Affairs (CA) & the PBRG (People & Business Resource Groups) teams.
Direct Reports: 1 - Finance Manager
Key Business Partners:
- HR, CA & PBRG Leadership and their teams
- Executive Director of Finance for Corporate Staff
- Record to Report Team
- Corporate Staff Finance
Detailed Position Responsibilities:
Corporate Staff Business Partnering
- Provide financial support, including build and consolidation of annual business plan (budget), quarterly projections and actual spend of HR, CA & PBRG organizations. Role assists in the management of over $350 million in global spend.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly closing process providing leadership, and other key stakeholders, key drivers of variances vs. budget, prior projection and prior year.
- Partner with Corporate Staff Finance COE and teams of Finance Leadership to help drive operational performance of HR, CA & PBRG organizations.
- Partners with Executive Director of Finance to improve visibility of HR, CA & PBRG organizational costs and savings associated with transformation objectives
- Responsible for reporting requirements to Corporate Staff HQ, Corporate Financial Analysis, Corporate Financial Reporting, Tax, BCF, Treasury
- Perform ad hoc reporting, analysis and presentations, as requested
Drives Process Improvements within Corporate Operating Group Organizations
- Helps drive further standardization and optimization of common processes across team
- Works with Associate Director, Corporate Staff Finance to evaluate, optimize, and execute upon further planned transformation of finance responsibilities that will improve/increase the business partnering/FP&A responsibilities provided by the group to the Corporate Staff functions.
- Provides financial stewardship to clients on all financial and/or accounting matters, partnering with Technical Accounting, Business Controls, etc.
- Maintains internal control environment to the highest standards of compliance and integrity
- Serve as contact person for external and internal auditors, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- An experienced leader with a minimum of 7 years diversified experience in accounting or finance
- Strong financial and analytical skills, as well as excellent business partnering skills required. Demonstrated ability to interact with executives and management is required.
- Experience with all aspects of financial reporting cycle including development of annual business plan, financial projections and operations expense management required
- Very strong oral, written and interpersonal skills are vital and ability to interact and influence with different partners (local or remote).
- Strong working knowledge of SAP suite (including BI, AO and RPM) and Hyperion
- Very high level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Good understanding of US GAAP and financial controls
- Proven track record of successful collaboration working in a matrix environment with multiple levels of management and with competing demands on time and resources
- Successful candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to manage multiple tasks and be able to work with minimal supervision, as well as demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and requests
- A unique opportunity to be a leader in the evolution of the company’s business model for expense-based organizations; Exposure to mergers and acquisitions
- Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of our Enabling Functions and key support functions
- Exposure to most senior levels of HR & CA organizations
- Managing and delivering on objectives in a complex matrix environment where collaboration with stakeholders, both locally and remotely, across many functional areas and business units, is a critical success factor
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.