Human Resources Manager - Strategic Response
Human Resources Manager - Strategic Response (Job Number: 2303324 )
Penske Transportation Solutions, the leader in the transportation industry, has an exciting opportunity for HR Professionals who want to focus on understanding the changing landscape in which we live and work and how our landscape impacts workplace and company practice.
As an HR Manager – Strategic Response, you will lead the work to deeply understand our current environment and propose thoughtful response plans to ensure business continuity and growth in what may otherwise be a time of uncertainty. You will be responsible for designing solutions that mitigate the impact of adverse conditions on business operations, supporting business leaders in process, protocols, and communication. Focus opportunities include the COVID-19 landscape and associate health and safety, changing flexible workplace dynamics and associate engagement, and growth opportunities.
You will be empowered to lead cross functional teams of associates to propose, create, and manage enterprise-wide projects and programs that align with your defined response plans. Your leadership and successful management of this work will make a positive impact on our associates and contribute to the overall success of the business.
If you are an HR Professional who possesses strong critical thinking skills, a flexible mindset, excellent problem-solving skills, and is interested in project based work, we are interested in talking to you.
- Cultivate deep understanding of the environment and industry response.
- Present recommendations and response plans to senior leadership.
- Lead a cross functional team to design and implement programs related to Penske’s strategic human resources plan for all activities related to the pandemic response and workplace flexibility.
- Research, establish, and implement corresponding policies and protocols.
- Establish strong working relationships across the organization to achieve results and ensure consistency and compliance.
- Ensure company compliance with regulations, mandates, and customer requirements.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities/projects
- Ability to influence with or without authority across multiple departments
- Critical thinking skills with a focus on process improvement
- Strong communication skills, presentation skills and meeting facilitation skills
- Experience leading/managing work
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- HR experience required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background verification (to include past employment and education) are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Req ID: 2303324