Senior Manager Human Services Transformation (31778)
- As a Sr. Manager, you manage work threads across one or more engagement teams to create software solutions that help our clients solve problems, expand market share, improve operations, and grow their business.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The GPS Human Services Transformation offering designs and implements large, complex systems development and transformation projects to Human Service agencies across federal, state, and local government agencies as well as higher education institutions. With end-users, customers, and workers at the center, we collaborate with our clients to deliver quality human services and work to support individuals in need. Some areas that we focus on include Children Services, Eligibility & Enrollment, Child Support Enforcement, and Labor & Workforce Development.
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thought ware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Travel up to 80% (While 80% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
In addition, successful Managers will have the following preferred background
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Experience leading work planning, monitoring, and reporting
- Experience conducting interviews and documenting requirements
- Experience leading design sessions and defining future state processes
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skill