Human Resources/Labor Relations Manager (32625)
Reporting to a Human Resources Director or other senior Program Director, provides broad overall human resources and employee/labor relations management services on behalf of a specific program or business sector. Plans, develops and manages human resources and labor relations activities. Participates in development of contract negotiation strategies and performs negotiation preparations. Responsible for managing staff in the following areas: human resources, labor relations, employment, Affirmative Action/EEO, training, compensation and/or benefits.
- Establishes and administers human resources policies and procedures for the assigned overall HR functional area.
- Supports labor relations function on behalf of the business unit/program, including day-to-day operations, long-term strategy, planning and research.
- Interfaces with union officials on labor issues associated with operations of the business sector or contract.
- Participates in development of negotiation strategy, statistics, survey data and company position statements in preparation for union negotiations.
- Participates in formal negotiations for all union Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) associated with the assigned contract.
- Interprets and administers the CBAs including the grievance procedure.
- Implements, enforces and monitors company employee relations policies and practices in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Oversees discipline and discharge functions and ensures the equitable and uniform application of policies across the business unit or contract.
- Serves as a resource and coordinates with field managers to assure adherence to company policies for initiating disciplinary and staffing decisions.
- Manages annual salary planning and performance management processes for the business unit/program.
- Assigns work, trains and manages employee performance of assigned staff.
- Implements company efforts to promote workforce diversity.
- Investigates, complies and submits required AAP/EEO reports.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a behavioral science and at least 10 years of progressive Human Resources work experience, including at least 4 years in Labor Relations. In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Davis Bacon, the National Labor Relations and Fair labor Standards Acts. Demonstrated supervisory, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Possess superior negotiation skills. Ability to work effectively in a diverse group. Possess working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications and ability to perform detail-oriented work. Position may require intermittent travel. Qualify for and maintain a Top Secret security clearance. Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Occasional travel to remote company work locations.
Active DoD Security Clearance