Energy, Resources and Industrials Risk Manager - National_Office (74730)
- Assist with deal desk and contract review activities. Supports our sales team with deal and contract structuring, RFI/RFP/Proposals, and contract review, drafting custom provisions and negotiations.
- Intersect with various functions including sales, legal, finance and delivery to act as a strategic advisor to help manage deal flow and to optimize sales and contracting cycles.
- Work closely with deal teams and legal in reviewing and negotiating agreements such as master agreements, confidentiality agreements and teaming agreements. Owns risk consultation and contracting review of scope of work/SOW documents.
- Provide guidance on contracting and negotiation strategies. Ensure cross-functional alignment through contracting life-cycles.
- Ensure that contracting requirements are met and handled in a manner that is consistent with the Firm's policies, requirements, and good business practices.
Ongoing and Post Execution Risk Management and Contracting Support
- Assist with ongoing contracting, risk management and mitigation support for ongoing contracting requirements - SOWs, Change Orders, amendments, and renewals.
- Facilitate continued compliance with contractually required policies and processes and with the Firm's internal policies.
- Continue to collaborate with different functions to socialize agreement/contractual requirements and business terms.
- Work actively with account leadership and quality team to identify and help mitigate post-signature delivery and engagement risks.
Knowledge Management and Training Support
- Maintain knowledge of core professional services (IT, Managed Services, Outsourcing) and product offerings to continue supporting contracting and risk matters in a fast paced constantly changing environment.
- Work independently to manage contractual matters and risks and be the trusted advisor on multiple accounts.
- Provide mentoring and training to Risk Management colleagues and to a broader audience to enhance knowledge of and compliance with firm's policies, templates and processes.
- Proactively pursue, assess and, where appropriate, advance firm's initiatives including in the areas of software, cloud, data analytics, operate services and privacy & security.
- Support strategic initiatives pertaining to development/updating of processes, tools, and templates to improve overall risk management and contracting practices and to help drive adoption of such processes, tools, and templates.
Qualifications/What you will bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of professional services contracting lifecycle with an emphasis on technology services
- Proven track record influencing diverse set of stakeholders and driving common outcomes with a strong understanding of commercial contracting processes, including terms and conditions
- Outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork
- Excellent leadership skills including ability to prioritize critical needs, act decisively, and handle a high volume of complex tasks within a given timeframe
- Experience in writing and reviewing scope of work documents with a focus on incorporating actionable and measurable guidance to address specific risks around delivery execution
- Proven willingness to listen and learn, and a consistent record of making and explaining appropriate decisions (even when this leads to tough business discussions).
- Education: BBA/BA/BS in related field, Masters' Degree is desirable
- Experience Requirements: Minimum 5-8 years of direct contract negotiation for technology services. Technology delivery and implementation services experience beneficial.
- Location: Flexible
- Travel Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel approximately 25%, flexibility required based on candidate location and role
Other Preferred Skills
- Industry Experience: Energy, Resources and Industrials (ER&I) industry with an understanding of the unique risks affecting this industry
- Experience in Consulting field or a professional partnership
- Experience handling risk issues pertaining to a variety of contracts such as operate and technology preferred agreements, cloud agreements and software licensing agreements.