Warehouse Recruiter - Hiring Specialist
Warehouse Recruiter - Hiring Specialist (Job Number: 2214473 )
Why join Penske as a Hiring Specialist, you ask? It’s simple. A Penske Hiring Specialist is responsible for sourcing, interviewing, and making hiring decisions for hourly warehouse worker positions for Penske Logistics. You will be the "voice" of Penske - the person greeting our warehouse candidates via phone and sending them off with a smile. You will work as a part of a team who are committed to ensuring a high-touch, personal approach with warehouse candidates.
A Hiring Specialist will need to be proficient in the use of technology, being able to capture candidate information via phone while managing multiple computer applications. The schedule will be regular business hours Monday-Friday with occasional late evenings or weekends as needed to support the business. This is an office hybrid model, working 3 days in our corporate office and 2 days remote.
In this role, you will have responsibility for the sourcing, selection, job offer, and assisting with the clinical services process within a complete life-cycle recruiting process. You will interact with candidates and our local operations managers via in-person, phone and electronic correspondence. You will be held accountable to hire against expected workforce planning and ensure new hire/onboard classes are no less than 90% filled each week and/or month.
Warehouse Lead Sourcing and Management
- Actively source and manage warehouse leads via inbound and outbound calls, e-mail, social media, resume and other internet databases, and associate referrals.
- After qualifying warehouse candidates, you will present them the total value proposition and benefits of working with Penske, and discuss the details of available warehouse opportunities.
- For warehouse leads that may not currently meet our requirements or have interest in current openings, you will use our systems and processes to keep them engaged for the future.
Application Completion and Candidate Management
- Take phone applications from qualified warehouse leads, accurately capturing their information into Penske’s application systems.
- Ensure all applications are fully complete and accurate per company requirements.
- Manage candidates in our application system, Taleo Enterprise, in accordance with all company procedures.
Phone Interviewing and Selection
- Conduct phone interviews with qualified candidates, utilizing Penske’s selection process and tools as directed.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all candidates meet minimum qualifications.
- The hiring decisions you make have a direct impact on our business operations and external customer success. Your efforts will contribute to the success of the location keeping a targeted 30% of candidates in background screening and 90% of new hire/orientation classes filled.
Recruiting Administration and Coordination
- Manage a timely candidate process within Penske’s expected thresholds.
- Expediting and ensuring all new leads, candidate follow-up, and internal customer follow-up are executed with priority. Return all messages before leaving work each day.
- Manage candidate processes such as initiating background screening services through a third-party.
- Assist in coordination of onsite hiring events and Meet & Greets for warehouse candidates
- Schedule Meet & Greet Tours and manager introductions with our location managers and other operations personnel.
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state hiring laws and regulations.
- Actively demonstrate company commitment to diversity and inclusion strategies to ensure strong, diverse candidate slates.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- At least 2 years of prior work experience in any ONE of the following is preferred: (1) Part of a recruiting function, in a call center environment where you were responsible for making decisions, in a customer facing environment where you were responsible for making decisions, or (2) in a role where you managed or hired warehouse workers.
- Experience interviewing and hiring highly preferred.
- Prior demonstrated experience using computer programs such as including Microsoft Office 365, Smartsheet, internet search, and social media required.
- Ability to listen, type, and accurately capture information simultaneously required.
- Prior responsibility for accurately following processes and procedures required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse distribution industry and/or prior warehouse recruiting experience is a plus.
- Ability to interact, in a professional manner with applicants, warehouse workers and other employees
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with keen attention to detail for documenting/record keeping
- Multitasking is necessary, as is the ability to plan and organize workload. Must be flexible to handle pressure and work with interruptions.
- Ability to work independently; show initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to learn new programs quickly is preferred.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced environment with defined performance metrics.
- Willing to work flexible non-traditional hours (evenings and weekends) is required.
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Penske is an equal opportunity employer
Your HR Manager / Rep will pull this information from the Basic Job Qualifications and Position Description Questionaire(PDQ) on file with Compensation.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Recruiter
Req ID: 2214473