Freight Brokerage Recruiter - (Supply Chain & Logistics)
Freight Brokerage Recruiter - (Supply Chain & Logistics) (Job Number: 2213292 )
Our Penske Brokerage Recruiter will manage the full life-cycle recruiting process, including sourcing, selection, offer negotiation, and initiating the onboarding process for a designated position supporting our Brokerage business. We are seeking a highly responsive, customer-focused individual with strong time management and organizational skills to manage approximately 20-30 requisitions.
A heavy emphasis in this role is placed on sourcing and recruiting talent for Sales, for entry and leader roles. Utilizing sales, research, and networking skills, the position will require the proactive identification of active and passive talent through flawless execution of our process and creative thinking for challenging roles and markets. The position will also be responsible for placing and editing job advertisements in various media outlets, database management, internet resume mining, cold calling, local school/organization recruiting, screening applicants, and potentially selecting candidates for certain entry-level roles.
Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of recruiting experience with a similar work environment. While we provide excellent guidance and support, recruiter candidates must be self-motivated and self-efficient and have prior demonstrated experience in doing so. Much of the work of this role is conducted with hiring managers and candidates via phone and email, but may also include manager training, participation in leadership meetings, job fairs, and career presentations at schools and other organizations.
This position will be based out of our Warren, MI or Dearborn, MI office, reporting to the Logistics Staffing Director. This role will primarily support the professional, exempt, andhourly level recruiting for Penske Logistics Brokerage and other roles in collaboration with the Staffing Leadership team.
- Maintains effective working relationships with HR and Operational partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met through the creation of area staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing needs and requirements, conducts intake/scoping calls, and provides process overviews and realistic expectations to hiring managers.
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
- Develops and maintains relationships with technical schools, colleges, alumni groups, military sources, and diversity organizations to find and attract applicants
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career fairs, interview days)
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates, updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup candidates.
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks where appropriate
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to ensure policies and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintain on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of the recruitment process.
- Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports, candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized or centralized company environment required
- Prior exempt level role recruiting required, preferred experience in niche position recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 3 years of equivalent work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshoot and problem solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up with a high volume of activity
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, about 20-40% to various locations by car, plane or train overnight, as required or directed by area operational leadership
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :32600 Dequindre Road, 2nd Floor 32600 Dequindre Road, 2nd Floor
Warren, MI 48092
Primary Location : United States-Michigan-Warren
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Recruiter
Req ID: 2213292