Bilingual Recruiter (Full Life Cycle) -Montreal
Bilingual Recruiter (Full Life Cycle) -Montreal (Job Number: 2304554 )
Our Penske Recruiter will manage the full life-cycle recruiting process, including sourcing, selection, offer negotiation, and initiating the onboarding process for a designated business group. We seek a highly responsive, customer-focused individual with strong time management and organizational skills to manage approximately 40-50 (primarily hourly) positions.
A heavy emphasis in this role is placed on sourcing and recruiting talent. Utilizing sales, research, and networking skills, the position will require the proactive identification of active and passive talent through flawless execution of our process and creative thinking for challenging roles and markets. The position will also be responsible for placing and editing job advertisements in various media outlets, database management, internet resume mining, cold calling, local school/organization recruiting, screening applicants, and potentially selecting candidates for certain entry-level roles. This person must feel comfortable speaking/writing in French and English.
Qualified candidates should have at least 2-3 years of recruiting experience and demonstrate bilingual proficiency in English and French. While we provide excellent guidance and support, recruiter candidates must be self-motivated, self-efficient, and have prior demonstrated experience. Much of the work of this role is conducted with hiring managers and candidates via phone and email, but may also include manager training, participation in leadership meetings, job fairs, and career presentations at schools and other organizations.
This position will report to the Corporate Recruiting Team with a strong dotted-line relationship with the Area Vice President and Human Resource team. This position will support Penske's Canadian recruiting operations, focusing on Quebec, and recruit diesel technicians, truck rental associates, management trainees, fueler/washers, and truck leasing operations sales and management positions.
We are located at 7405 E Danbro Crescent, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 6P8, or if you prefer, in Montreal, Quebec. In both locations, flexible and hybrid work-from-home arrangements are available
- Maintains effective working relationships with H.R. and Operational partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met through the creation of area staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing needs and requirements, conduct intake/scoping calls, and provide process overviews and realistic expectations to hiring managers.
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
- Develops and maintains relationships with technical schools, universities, alum groups, and diversity organizations to find and attract applicants
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career fairs, interview days)
- Conducts electronic and phone screening of candidates, updating the status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active candidates. Also, regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup candidates.
- Coordinates reference checks on applicants
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to ensure policies and legal requirements comply.
- Possess and maintains ongoing knowledge of the latest recruiting strategies utilizing high creativity and latitude.
- Ensures compliance with all Labour-related Provincial laws and regulations.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of the recruitment process. Supports Penske's diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a complete understanding of and utilizes reporting features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports, candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- 2-3 years of recruiting experience in a large, decentralized, or centralized company environment required
- Fluent in English and French in both written and verbal communications
- Bachelor's degree required, or at least 3 years of equivalent work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshooting and problem-solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively in person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and keep up with a high volume of activity
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, about 30-40%, to various locations by car, plane, or train overnight, as required or directed by area operational leadership. Must be able to travel to the United States
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems is required; prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, and submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history)
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 12kg.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment - As part of this commitment, Penske endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Sarah Karan, Recruiter – at [Register to View] or email@example.com to request a reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation, warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :2500 Pitfield Blvd 2500 Pitfield Blvd
Saint Laurent, QCH4S 1Z7
Primary Location : Canada-Quebec-Saint Laurent
Job : Human Resources
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Recruiter
Req ID: 2304554