Optum RPO Talent Acquisition Manager - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Talent Acquisition Manager for our Optum High-Volume functional team, your work will have a direct impact on the service and support that our millions of members and providers receive daily as we work to transform healthcare. The High-Volume function is responsible for the staffing of all the customer service, claims, billing, enrollment, clinical support, telesales and pharmacy technician positions across all Optum business groups. To support the high-volume recruiting for this function, the organization leverages the services of a Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) firm. In conjunction with our RPO Partners, the management of an efficient and cost-effective hiring process, resulting in quality employees hired within the prescribed SLA’s, will be the challenge and outcome expected for this role. We serve the talent acquisition needs of over 100 locations (our customer service and claims centers) in the United States and hire nearly 20,000 people each year for Optum. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- For the assigned geographies, the Talent Acquisition Manager is responsible for the matrix management of RPO Partners to ensure the success of the staffing requirements of the business including:
- Functions as the liaison between the business and RPO Partners regarding the communication, management and evaluation of hiring forecasts, planning, resources, timelines, and risk assessments
- Monitors recruitment activity and status to ensure that service delivery agreements are met based on the pre-determined metrics
- Consults and collaborates with the RPO Partner staff on class-based requisitions, ensuring proactive approaches are taken to meet projected hiring dates
- Communicates and reinforces with RPO Partner staff the business unit strategies and priorities, leadership and hiring manager structures, etc. to provide a thorough and positive experience
- Functions as a project manager for Optum High Volume projects - projects which directly impact Recruitment Services or the broader UHG businesses. These projects may be directly related to large-scale cross-functional staffing initiatives or in support of recruitment education, process improvement or process design
- Performs as a member of the Optum High-Volume team as follows:
- Participates in the development of best practices, trending and ROI related to sourcing, marketing, passive and active (and Alumni) relationship management strategies, assessment tools and protocol candidate close/conversion, candidate and hiring manager satisfaction and hiring outcomes
- Assists in developing standardized tools, templates and processes for use throughout Recruitment Services to deliver a consistent experience for stakeholders
- Participates in the development of functional strategic objectives including setting functional priorities based on business outcomes and anticipated business plan needs
- Serves as an ambassador of the Employee Value Proposition, understanding the various elements and brand guidelines and reinforces with the RPO staff and business management
- Develops, as required, standardized fulfillment and ad-hoc reports for weekly, monthly or quarterly timeframes
- Proactively reports issues and proposed solutions to Talent Acquisition Leaders across enterprise
- Demonstrates effective and consistent use of recruitment technology including Taleo, CRM, PeopleSoft, SharePoint, etc.
- Embraces the concept of continuous learning and development, participates in the opportunities provided by UnitedHealth Group, and incorporates into personal development plan
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources or related field; or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of recruitment experience
- 2+ years of RPO management experience, or experience working for an RPO or staffing agency
- 2+ years of various recruitment technologies (Taleo preferred) as well as Microsoft Office and related software
- 2+ years demonstrated ability to perform in and/or within a matrix organization
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- PHR, SPHR, CPC certifications
- 2+ years of prior supervisory/managerial experience
- High volume experience, as well as knowledge of best-in-class recruiting techniques, models and processes
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisitions of new businesses into Talent Acquisition
- Solid understanding of employment law practices, OFCCP and AAP compliance and related recruitment laws and regulations
- Intermediate Excel, reporting and data analyzing skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence, persuade, and consult on Talent Acquisition solutions
- Solid skills in the areas of process improvement and management
- Possesses corporate recruitment process knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including conflict resolution and negotiation skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.