Talent Acquisition Coordinator (100478)
Do you enjoy working with people? Are you a self-starter with great time management skills and a positive attitude? Are you looking to venture into Human Resources? This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone looking to join our fun, supportive Talent Acquisition team!Primary Role
To serve as the primary support resource for recruiting administration activities across American Water.Key Accountabilities
- Enter Requisition into applicant tracking system in a timely manner with proper codes and route for approvals. May be involved in gathering information for updating or creating job descriptions. Ensure positions are posted internally. Will work with recruiter to determine external job posting strategy – will post positions on industry sites and other job boards as required. May be involved in researching new recruiting sources, resume mining activities, coordination and/or participation in job fairs 20%
- For lower level positions, may be assigned to as the primary recruiter – accountable for the whole process including screening resumes and conducting phone interviews. For balance of positions, will support the primary recruiter in candidate management activities such as: scheduling candidate interviews, managing travel logistics in consultation with candidates and managers, conducting and monitoring background checks and drug screening, including CDL monitoring activities, coordinating assessments and various applicant tracking database administration activities (disposition of candidates, interview assessments, etc) 50%
- Offers and On-boarding : Processes offer requests with proper information and codes and route for approvals. Drafts offer letters and offer packages for new hires, and follows up on new hire paperwork. Coordinates first day instructions. Completes on-boarding forms and forwards to HR services for processing 15%
- Administration: Manage relocations and relationships with relocation services supplier. Manage processes and paperwork associated with immigration. Process invoices for relocations, background checks, assessment and other related recruiting expenses. 15%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and able to quickly learn Talent Acquisition software tools.
- Strong communication skills, strong team working as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail with a high sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated strong customer service focus and problem solving skills Positive attitude in a busy environment with a willingness to adapt to change.
- Proven confidentiality regarding HR matters is required.
- Knowledge: General understanding of human resources policies and practices, preferably with exposure to talent acquisition
- Minimum of 2 years related HR experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources strongly preferred.
- Varies depending upon project requirements
- Fast Paced Environment.
We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.