Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner--Information Technology (101604)
If you are an experienced full-cycle recruiter and looking to make a career move, this might be the right fit for you. The American Water Talent Acquisition team is one of the best in the business and we need a dymanic Talent Acquisition Partner to support our Information Technology team. If you have a passion for recruiting the best talent, can partner well with your client groups, and like to have fun while meeting business needs---APPLY TODAY. We are able to offer a hybrid work schedule in this role and also offer a competitive salary & benefits packages!
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 6,500 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to an estimated 14 million people in 25 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices, all employees are required to report their vaccination status.Primary Role
Responsible for full-cycle recruitment efforts for open positions for American Water’s Information Technology and other defined client groups, consistent with American Water’s Talent Acquisition framework and comply with Labor laws and government and industry regulations.Key Accountabilities
- Manages multiple recruitment-related relationships with hiring managers as well as internalleadership teams.
- Conduct in-depth intake meetings with the business to ensure alignment on position, candidate profile, and establish clarity on roles/responsibilities.
- Identifies the need and creates creative employment advertisements to attract qualified candidates.
- Identifies & utilizes creative sourcing techniques and manages multiple sourcing relationships for current and future needs Including but not limited to direct sourcing, database mining, networking, external events, online communities, and social marketing.
- Proactively and continuously source candidates, ultimately developing and maintaining an effective pipeline and network of diverse talent.Pre-screens, and, possibly, interviews and selects, and recommends candidate pool to present to hiring manager.
- Influences & supports hiring managers in negotiation of employment salary and terms with candidate and extends offer and ensures that all candidate data is entered into the Applicant Tracking System and appropriate checks (e.g. background, drug screening) are carried out.
- Acts as the point of contact for applicants and candidates throughout the employment process, providing an excellent candidate experience.
- Provides recruitment support and advice to HR Business Partners as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Provides insightful analysis of recruiting reports, trends, and business objectives.
- Meets established metrics and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Facilitates contingent workforce recruitment for defined client group.
- Manage competing demands, receive constructive feedback, and maintain adaptability and flexibility.
- Proven success in managing a high-volume and complex workload in a fast-paced environment and to provide insightful analysis to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and have American Water stand out as an employer of choice.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to effectively work with key stakeholders.
- Manages local talent acquisition vendor relationships.
- Skills: Strong communication skills, strong team working as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to collaborate with virtual teams and also face to face, and to provide excellent internal and external customer service. Must be able to deliver results.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Knowledge: Detailed knowledge of key human resources including recruiting, employment law, and basic skills in performance management and employee development.
- Working knowledge of OFCCP requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
Minimum 5 years recruiting experience of all levels of employment.
3+ years experience specifically recruiting Information Technology and other highly technical roles
- Office Environment.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.