Switchboard Operator - Navy Message Center (21907)
Must currently work on the existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
Looking for a fresh opportunity to jumpstart your career? Want the uniqueness of a new company but not the training wheels of a start-up? How about one of the newest companies on the street made up of legacy companies with over 100 years of operating experience? Amentum is a trusted partner to U.S. federal government agencies, allied governments and corporations worldwide supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment.
The Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Mission support program provides operations, facilities, and maintenance support for the Navy with locations in Florida and the Bahamas. Come join the team that’s supporting America’s Navy!
Amentum is seeking a Switchboard Operator - Navy Message Center in Andros Island, Bahamas to work as part of a close knit team, as well as independently, to accomplish a range of functions as you support AUTEC. As a member of the team you will:
- Receive/transmit message traffic as required.
- Greet visitors, determine nature of visits and direct visitors to appropriate persons.
- Relay incoming, outgoing, and intra-system calls through a PBX system.
- Record and transmit messages.
- Keep records of calls placed.
- Provide information to callers and visitors.
- Hear and resolve complaints.
- Make appointments.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
- Control access to the facility.
- Keep a log of visitors and issue visitor passes.
- May also type and perform other routine clerical work, such as entering data and processing documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must currently work on existing AUTEC contract in order to be eligible for this position.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Must possess an active Secret U.S government security clearance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years of related professional experience.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid passport and Driver’s license required.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.