System Operations Center (SOC) Analyst I (32748)
Amentum is currently seeking a System Operations Center (SOC) Analyst I to support an IT Managed Services program for the Department of Energy. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. The SOC Analyst will provide on-site and off-site system monitoring, analytical, and related support services for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems for National Technology and Engineering Solutions of Sandia (NTESS).
The SOC is staffed to provide performance and availability monitoring and notification on a 24x7x365 basis. This SOC Analyst position provides for the monitoring and notification of Sandia National Laboratories IT infrastructure which includes servers, network, databases and applications.
Multiple shifts available for this position 7am -3pm; 3pm -12:30am; 11:30pm-7am.
- Perform system monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems.
- Maintain effective and efficient adherence to the Event Management Process.
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
- Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access.
- Make suggestions to enhance existing process and procedures, observe, and control the status and performance of system components, servers, and network facilities.
- Answer incoming problem calls from customer and internal sites and resolves associated tickets.
- Write incident reports & document events.
- Provide event, warning, alert, and alarm processing and management.
- Coordinate resolution of the event, warning, alert, and alarm messages Network Intrusion Detection Services.
- Monitor batch processing job flows on two corporate networks and monitor that requested batch completion times are met, escalate when required.
- Provide prompt and accurate response to error notifications (Alerts)
- Administer and support on-premises APC (Advance Persistent Cloud) – Cyber’s Azure Stack private cloud platform
- Maintain the integrity of servers and systems to meet established requirements for service levels, disaster recovery, and business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
- Ability to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q level clearance and maintain the clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Must have a HS Diploma / GED and 2 years of experience
- TOP SECRET / DoE Q clearance preferred
- Net+, A+, or Security+ certifications desired