Associate Installation Technician - Des Moines, Iowa (R459902)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why customer service at Stryker?
Are you interested in making a difference in healthcare by assisting sales reps and building relationships with customers? As a member of our customer services team, that is exactly what you will do! Here, you will be a part of a dynamic and supportive team that provides solutions to our customers in their time of need.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Communications is growing and we want you to join our team! With the strategic acquisition of our competitor Berchtold, we have experienced tremendous sales growth and are consistently expanding into new markets. We are in need of talented Integration Specialists across the country to keep up with our increasing customer demand.
As the Integration Specialist, the products you install will make a major impact on the way surgeons and healthcare professionals perform their jobs. You will partner with your team and Manager to ensure that Stryker's Communications (integrated operating room technology) products are installed in to best in class healthcare facilities across the US. No medical background is required – just great technical, interpersonal, and project management skills to help you thrive in the culture that Stryker provides.
You will be given autonomy and ownership of operating room (OR) construction sites where you will be one of two main points of contact for Project Managers, electricians, and construction crew members, while working hands on in installing the products on a daily basis. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must have, along with the ability to travel full time throughout the week (Arrive onsite Monday, leave site Friday, spending full work week in one location).
We need someone with the ability to:
- Interpret A/V system flow schematics, large scale integration, wiring, and project management.
- Adjust plans on the go to adapting to the environmental and infrastructure needs, as well as troubleshooting technical and logistics issues as they arise.
- Maintain our high quality operations. This person must be extremely detail oriented, with an eye for improving processes and controls in the field and in house as needed.
- Apply their previous hands on technical/mechanical experience in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Teach and train equipment users, and fellow team members
We look for people who are passionate, career oriented, and focused on collaborating with internal teams/departments to promote a culture of inclusiveness and cooperation. You will be responsible to live and drive Stryker’s Values: Accountability, Integrity, People, and Performance.
This role will require someone with an incredible work ethic, who will do what it takes to get the job done – opening the OR on time so surgeons can perform life changing surgeries will depend on you!
• Will make travel arrangements for self and possibly for other installation personnel, gather documentation and contact customer prior to every project when needed.
• Will verify all aspects of infrastructure are in place upon arrival at site. Will work with and make suggestions to any/all contractors and customers regarding integration needs.
• Will be required to comply with integration and documentation procedures and standards.
• Will coordinate with offsite Project Managers and engineers conveying needs/issues to ensure appropriate tests, equipment and results are obtained.
• Will submit daily reports to Project Manager, Installation Supervisor and appropriate individuals to maintain open and timely communication updates regarding integration process.
• Will communicate scope to additional installation personnel.
• Will be required to perform initial system functional checks identify problem areas and affect calibration adjustments.
• Will be required to read and understand system flow documentation and amend such documents to reflect the “as built” system.
• Will train others on operational function of installed systems.
• Must have a professional appearance while interacting with the client.
• Must supervise daily work efforts of other installations personnel and additional sub-contractors specific to achieving project completion and maintaining quality.
• Outside vendors and contractors: Must supervise work details of outside contractors to ensure quality system requirements are met.
• Is responsible for staying current on all assigned training.
• Interacts with customers with regard to post market surveillance activities.
• Other duties as assigned by Project Manager, Installation Supervisor, and Regional Integration Service Manager.
• Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
Bachelor's degree desired (those lacking degree must have minimum 2-3 years integration experience or comparable skill set)
• Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Must be able to review printed materials.
• Must have demonstrated fine motor skills.
• Must be able to use sophisticated test and office computer equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, Broadcast test and measurement equipment etc.).
• Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine testing and/or equipment issues using independent judgment.
• Must be able to follow and explain detailed instruction and inspection procedures.
• Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
• Must be able to identify issues outside scope of project and refer to appropriate individuals.
• Must be able to travel 90% to 95% of the time and arrive to job site as specified by Project Manager/Installation Supervisor.
• Must be able to work in a fast pace, independent environment and use good judgment.
• Intermediate PC and appropriate application skills.
• Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, strippers, crimpers, etc.), power tools, and test equipment (e.g. data loggers, strip recorders, micrometers, voltmeters, waveform/vectorsopes, etc.).
• Intermediate math and technical writing skills.
• Basic mechanic tool use for mounting and adjusting ceiling mounted equipment (Booms,
• Flat Panel arms and Surgical Lights)
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be of high morals and strong character.
• Established talent for cable management and connection techniques.
• Must be able to interpret A/V/control system flow schematics.
• 2-3 years related technical experience.
• 2-3 years experience as an Associate Installation Tech. or equivalent.
• Experience with interpreting schematics diagrams.
• Experience with large scale integration techniques.
• Experience with customer/project management/sales.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com