Associate Sales Representative - Boston, MA - Sustainability Solutions (R453001)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
The Associate Sales Representative – Sales (ASR) is responsible for the day to day work and overall performance supporting the Patient Care franchise with our Customers in the field. The ASR will work closely with their Area Manager and Service counterparts to identify, develop and implement various strategic plans and programs to meet the organization's business objectives. The ASR has oversight over the growth and retention of our Patient Care franchise both with existing Customers as well as support and engagement in the sales process for new Customers in coordination with the Strategic Sales Team and Regional Sales Teams. The ASR will be expected to be a subject matter expert on the overall process of Assessments as well as best practices with the activities that will drive growth in collections within Patient Care franchise. It will be important that this individual has an in depth understanding of the overall sales and collections process of all 3 franchises, serves as a single point of contact for our Regional Teams, is proactive with planning and scheduling and has the ability to support the sales process and customer facing interactions (as needed).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain routine communication with divisional teams (Sales Reps, Regional Managers, Strategic Sales Managers, Area Sales Directors, Service personnel etc) to gather and share information as part of overall responsibilities
· Educate and inform hospital stakeholders regarding the benefits of SSS products and services, thus increasing the volume of used devices collected and reprocessed devices ordered.
· Conduct “in-service” education with hospital stakeholders and cross-departmental healthcare facility staff across 24x7 shifts re: new programs, changes, updates, or customer concerns, thus promoting the benefits of reprocessed devices and driving higher collection volume and sales.
· Recommend solutions for customers and teammates on maximizing their reprocessing program based upon analysis of current customer practices and needs.
· Analyze customer usage of devices to maximize participation in Stryker’s reprocessing program and create action plan for increasing account participation and potential sale of new products and services.
· Assist with planning & execution of territory business plan based upon knowledge of existing and projected customer sales and reprocessing trends.
· Reinforce established relationships with all key decision makers at Customer level
· Identify and help coordinate new opportunities with Sales to build new business and protect existing business through coordinated sales and service efforts, improved agreements and contract compliance.
· Partner with Area Manager, Strategic Sales Management and Regional Managers to effectively execute on specific franchise strategy that is tied to reprocessing – both current and new Customers
· Provide data, support and information (as needed) at IDN Quarterly Business Reviews for Patient Care
· Develop and execute commercial strategy to grow collections within Patient Care through the use of data, performance trends and feedback from regional Sales and Service Teams
· Monitor collection compliance, sell through and overall performance levels and evaluate results to make appropriate suggestions to target new business and grow market share.
· Collaborate with Sales, Strat Sales and Service to optimize contract execution and enhance customer experience during the implementation process (as needed)
The division - Sustainability Solutions:
· Reprocessing and remanufacturing are some of the most impactful sustainability initiatives in use at hospitals. Our mission is to be the leading provider of sustainability solutions in the global healthcare market. Join us as we strive to ‘green’ healthcare! Below are additional ways that we provide sustainable solutions to our customers:
· Last year, we diverted 13.2M pounds of waste from the landfill through our reprocessing program.
· Through a strategic partnership we provide an “end of life” solution for our devices reprocessed in Phoenix, AZ. Once these products can no longer be reprocessed, they are converted into syngas, biochar and recyclable metals by utilizing a low emission technology solution that avoids incineration.
· We launched Products for the Planet, where we donate trees to the National Forest Foundation based on increased device collections. This year, we are on track to plant over 75,000 trees.
Who we want:
· Customer-oriented achievers. Representatives with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
· Hands on partners. Servicing the collection process of single use devices at reprocessing facilities including hospitals and surgery centers with the Service Associates on your team.
· Mission-driven salespeople. Fiercely intense representatives who work whatever hours necessary to live out their purpose of changing people’s lives and making healthcare better.
Experiences and Skills required:
· 4 year College degree required
· Demonstrates history of performance and achievement
· Preferred some level of selling or sales support experience within industry
· Preferred some level of experience in Hospital based landscape and culture
· Required proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Service-oriented personality with strong customer service skills and ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly assess and analyze the customer's issues and offer them an appropriate solution.
· Demonstrated ability to establish customer rapport and build business relationships.
Work From Home: Field-based
Compensation Grade: 9.Direct Sales.3IC
Travel Percentage: 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com