February 2022: Chubb Associate - Westchester Casualty (342428)
Chubb Associate Program
Chubb is looking for an aspiring insurance professional with a bachelor’s degree to join our Chubb Associate Program.
As the industry leader in Property & Casualty insurance, Chubb is an employer of choice for a student aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company. This is a full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a global, growing, financially stable and successful company.
We have designed our Chubb Associate Program to hone your skills and talents and help you reach your career goals. By joining the Chubb Associate Program, you will be part of an experience that supports the well-rounded development of critical business skills which in turn contributes to the future success of our company. Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with other early career professionals as well as with many of our senior executives. As part of this program, you will receive:
- Challenging assignments and the opportunity to contribute to the result of a team.
- Business training unique to a career at Chubb.
- Technical training to deepen your skill level within your chosen discipline, and an understanding of our broader industry.
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills.
- Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
We are excited about and committed to the Chubb Associate Program because we believe that we are developing talented professionals with the potential to become Chubb’s leaders of the future.
Who are we looking for?
Successful professionals at Chubb come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common and these attributes will lead to your success at Chubb:
- Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments under pressure
- Practical intellectual agility: capable and confident in absorbing new information
- Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
- Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
- Interpersonal/team skills: works effectively with all colleagues and collaborates within and across departments
- Initiative: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
- Customer focused: service oriented, recognizing the importance of understanding client needs
- Integrity and work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
- Successful academic record: Minimum GPA of 3.0
Successful candidates will be:
- Curious; passionate about learning
- Flexible and adaptable; a change agent
- Resilient and resourceful
- Collaborative; able to lead and follow
- Bachelor’s degree, many majors will be considered; slight preference to Risk Management, Business, or Computer Science
- Prior work experience (including summer or part time roles) or internships preferred
- Demonstrated active engagement in extracurricular activities
- Some knowledge of insurance concepts, practice, and procedures is desirable
- MS Office experience, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in:
- Critical thinking
- Influencing both formally and informally
- Articulating a message / point of view in presentation and in writing
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.