Associate Machinist (R463843)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the #1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
This is a 2nd shift position:
At Stryker, our manufacturing team works with products that are improving and saving people’s lives. This is done by providing our customers with the best equipment. The manufacturing environment and culture for this role is fast paced. You will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, Value and Support Diversity and Inclusion.
Workstyle: Perform tasks that are generally routine and manual with high attention to detail.
Performance: Deliver high quality products.
Team Player: Build positive relationships with others to achieve common goals.
Reliable: Manage time, to ensure being at work on time and effectively get the job done.
What you will do
Under minimal supervision set up and operate machinery and inspect machined components using precision measuring equipment while keeping production records and maintenance logs.
- Will set up and perform frequent to regular tasks using standard procedures and various conventional machine tools.
- Will work from engineering drawings and/or specifications.
- May load and/or edit part programs and tool data into machinery controls.
- May determine tool offsets and load tooling into machinery at correct settings.
- Will use precision measuring equipment to ensure components meet engineering specifications.
- May assist maintenance personnel with routine machine maintenance.
- May train others on operational and/or documentation procedures.
- Blueprint/schematic reading.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Intermediate math and measuring skills.
- Ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, etc.), power tools, and common measuring equipment.
- 5+ years related machining experience.
- Participation in an approved apprenticeship program recommended.
- CNC knowledge.
- Ability to setup and operate complex equipment.
- Computer network skills.
- Shop floor management.
- Willingness and ability to work extended workweek including weekends. Willingness to follow all safety rules.
- Adhere to policies and procedures established by Stryker.
- Capability to meet production goals with a desire to exceed them.
- Reliable and dependable- by being on-time for scheduled shifts, meetings and trainings
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com