Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
P&C Actuarial Analyst (Experienced)
- Competitive compensation package with potential salary increase and bonus every year
- Exam support program that pays for materials and provides incentives for successful completion of exams towards your industry designation (ACAS and FCAS) via salary increases and/or bonuses
- 38 hours and 45 minutes work week
- Spend a majority of your time working from home
- Multiple locations
If you have at least 2-3 years of actuarial experience and you want to grow professionally with the #1 Auto and Homeowners insurer in the U.S., State Farm needs you!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Our Property & Casualty (P&C) Actuarial Analysts develop actuarial recommendations for leadership and implement changes to satisfy our company's financial objectives.
You will develop and apply statistical modeling techniques to solve business problems, conduct research, identify solutions to actuarial problems and analyze and prepare responses to various actuarial questions/issues. You will serve as valued resources to other State Farm areas engaging with business partners across the organization.
As a member of the Property and Casualty Actuarial community you will be challenged and empowered to grow personally and professionally. We are dedicated to helping each of our associates develop to his or her full potential. To enable this, a competitive exam support program is offered for associates pursuing their actuarial designations.
We Are Looking for These Desired Experiences and Skills:
- Experienced Actuarial Analyst with a minimum of 2 - 3 years in the field
- Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management or other analytics major
- Experience with data and statistical analysis in Excel, SQL, SAS, R, and/or Python
- Leadership, strong communication, organization, critical thinking and interpersonal skills
- Successful completion of Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society exams
- Intentional progress toward ACAS/FCAS designation
- Reinsurance pricing/analytics
- Catastrophe risk analytics experience
What's In It for You:
- Competitive pay and annual bonus potential
- Incentives for successful completion of industry exams (ACAS and FCAS)
- A competitive 401k plan
- A learning culture that includes Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, and more
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training
- Influence and inform solution design efforts
- Participate in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team
- Mentoring Opportunities to give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at local events for young individuals
- Other local volunteer opportunities
There is 24-month incumbency period for lateral opportunities which must be met before you can post for other State Farm positions outside of the department. It is a 12-month incumbency period for promotional opportunities. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
"Hybrid" work arrangement. Selected candidates will be assigned to a facility and will spend meaningful time in office and working from home. Locations: Corporate Headquarters, Bloomington, IL, OR one of State Farm Hub locations: Dallas Hub (Richardson, TX), Atlanta Hub (Dunwoody, GA), and Phoenix Hub (Tempe, AZ).
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity. **