Property & Casualty Actuarial Analyst
- Transcript for recent graduates (unofficial copy accepted)
**If you advance to a final interview, you will be requested to come to SF Corporate Headquarters in Bloomington, IL for an in-person interview.**
Office Location(s) : Bloomington, Illinois; Dunwoody, Georgia; Richardson, Texas; Tempe, Arizona
Hybrid Work Arrangement: In this position, you should plan to spend time working in the office a minimum of 2 days per week. Associates are expected to be able to travel to and from your assigned office location as part of a hybrid work arrangement. Work arrangements could change over time based on business need. Your manager will share additional information regarding your department's approach and what it means for you .
*****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Majors in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management, or other analytical fields (successful completion of bachelor's degree prior to start date)
- A minimum GPA of 3.25, though a GPA above 3.5 is preferred (unofficial transcripts required with application)
- Experience with data and statistical analysis in Excel, SQL, R, and/or Python
- Completion of a prior actuarial internship or similar work experience. Candidates with industry experience totaling more than 3 years are encouraged to review State Farm's P&C Actuarial Analyst (Experienced) posting, if available.
- Successful completion of at least one Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society actuarial exam, though completion of two or more exams is preferred
- Intention to earn the ACAS/FCAS designation
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization, leadership, and critical thinking skills
Incumbency Period :
There is a 24-month incumbency period (beginning on the employee's effective date) for any lateral job movements and a 12-month incumbency period for any promotional opportunities, which must be met before the employee may post for other State Farm positions. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.
What's In It For You
- Competitive pay and annual bonus potential
- Incentives for successful completion of industry exams (ACAS and FCAS)
- A competitive 401k plan
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- A learning culture that includes Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, and more
- A company that embraces Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!